Crunchy and Fresh Asian Slaw with an easy to make Sesame Peanut Dressing ! Perfect side dish for chicken, fish or burgers!
Full of fresh crunchy veggies, this recipe goes with everything. A perfect salad for all seasons!
We first had this at my friend’s place in Palm Springs. She served this delicious Asian Slaw with Fall off the Bone Ribs and our Bean Salad with Feta recipe. A perfect combo of flavors and a great way to serve a crowd. We have been making this slaw ever since!
How to make this Asian Slaw with Sesame Peanut Dressing:
A quick trip through the produce department will get ya about everything you need.
First start with the dressing. Your basic vinaigrette with a few big flavor boosts like fresh ginger, garlic and peanut butter for that distinctive asian taste.
We based this dressing on the same recipe we used in our Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad only we didn’t blend it to keep it more vinaigrette like.
Start with a one pound bag of pre-shredded coleslaw. (not the kind with the dressing just plain old cabbage with a bit of purple cabbage in there if they have it).
Now add the color!
Chopped carrots, onion, peppers and anything else you have in your crisper!
What else could we toss in this Asian Slaw with Ginger Peanut Dressing recipe?
- napa cabbage
- red onion
- sub broccoli slaw for the cabbage slaw
- sliced cooked chicken
- grilled shrimp
- fresh spinach or arugual
- the list goes on and on!
We kept this Asian Slaw with Peanut Sesame Dressing easy and fresh! Crispy crunchy veggies and a most flavorful vinaigrette!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
To fresh fast and crunchy salads all year long!
Asian Slaw with Ginger Peanut Dressing
- 1 16 ounce packacked cole slaw mix plain, without dressing
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded store bought works great
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
Peanut Ginger Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar or plain vinegar with one teaspoon of sugar added
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated or 1 teaspoon ground
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- additional green onions and sesame seeds if desired
- Add all slaw ingredients to large bowl and toss
- whisk together all dressing ingredients or shake up in mason type jar
- Toss dressing and slaw together.
- Store left over slaw in refridgerator.
Like all slaws this has a short shelf life before wilting. Consider combining slaw and dressing in only the amount you need.
Store remaining dressing in refridgerator for up to 4 days.