Easy baked chicken tossed in a super flavorful Honey Garlic Sauce! Served with a side of rice and some veggies and you have a 30 minute meal your whole family will love!
A lot of the recipes I love seem to include Panko Crumbs lately. I do have a small obsession with them. See Panko Crusted Salmon and Perfectly Baked Fish Sticks posts just to name a few. I like crispy food but I don’t care much for fried stuff so panko crumbs are my friend!
Tips to make Honey Garlic Baked Chicken
- I used cut up chicken breasts but chicken tenders or chicken thighs would both be perfect.
- The sauce comes together in 5 minutes while the chicken is baking. Line your sheet pan with foil for easy clean up.
- It is no wonder this chicken dish is so popular! It is one of the best chicken recipes I have made and I make a whole lot of chicken recipes! Mr. Spatula ate two servings then finished off my last two bites. I made a big batch so leftovers are in my future!
- I could see this served over rice or as an appetizer. Double the sauce recipe and use as dip! I’ll be risking it all and making this again and again!
To easy dinners with tons of flavor!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Crispy coated chicken tossed in a flavorful honey garlic sauce! A 30 minute meal that is great served with rice and veggies!
- 1 pound chicken breasts - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 400F. Dip chicken pieces in egg and then roll in bread crumbs until fully coated. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and coating is brown.
- While chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Add the honey, garlic, and soy sauce to small sauce pan. In separate small bowl combine 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch Add to saucepan. Heat all ingredients until boiling. Cook for one minute and remove from heat.
- Pour over cooked chicken pieces - toss and serve. Garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.