Once you try this Oven Baked White Rice you will never go back to stove top again! Perfect fluffy and tender rice…every single time!
How to Oven Bake Rice –
This is gonna go fast!
- Use a 2 quart baking dish for 1 cup of rice.
- Pour rice in the baking dish.
- Add boiling hot water, salt and butter if desired
- Cover tightly with a lid or foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before removing lid .
- Fluff with a fork – perfect every time!
Tips for Perfect Oven Baked Rice:
- use chicken stock in place of water for extra flavor.
- always boil the water before adding to the rice. (2 minutes in the microwave will do it).
- cooked rice will keep up to 4 days in the refridgerator and 3 months in the freezer
Serve this easy to make rice with these popular recipes –
Check out how to oven bake Quinoa and Brown Rice :
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
This super easy oven baked rice recipe will have you wondering why you ever made it on the stove top!
- 2 cups boiling hot water (2 minutes in the microwave works)
- 1 cup white rice (any variety)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Using a microwave safe measuring cup. Heat water on high for 2 minutes in microwave. (or boil on stove top).
Pour rice into 2 quart baking dish.
Add boiling water, salt and butter. Cover tightly with lid or foil.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve!
Find recipe for oven baked Quinoa and Brown Rice here : How to Oven bake Quinoa and Brown Rice.
Double this recipe using a 9 x 13 pan.
Cooked rice will keep in the refridgerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for 3 months.