Oreo cupcakes stuffed with an Oreo cookie and topped with Oreo Buttercream frosting! Each cupcake has a whole oreo inside surrounded by the best chocolate cake and Buttercream recipe!
Who loves cupcakes! Me me me! These beauties are stuffed with a surprise cookie inside and so easy to make! We used our Best Chocolate Cake recipe but if you want to cheat and use boxed cake mix we will never tell!
Ingredients to make Oreo Stuffed Cupcakes and Oreo Buttercream – (see recipe card below for entire directions)
- 1 family size package oreos (25.5 ounce)
- sour cream
- baking powder and baking soda
- confectioners sugar
How to make Oreo Stuffed Cupcakes –
Begin by making your chocolate cake batter. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Add about 2 tablespoons of batter to each cupcake and top with a whole oreo cookie.
Top each cookie with a couple more tablespoons of batter and in the oven it goes!
Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the center when pressed with your finger springs back.
Can I use boxed cake mix instead of homemade –
- We love our Easy Chocolate Cake recipe and we think it truly elevates this cupcake but we get it if you need a short cut! We suggest a chocolate fudge moist cake mix but any will do.
How to make Oreo Buttercream Frosting –
Simply combine softened butter, confectioners sugar and a touch of cream (see recipe card below for entire recipe). Whip it until it’s light and fluffy and add crushed Oreo’s! Super simple but oh so good!
Some more easy desserts we think you will love! –
- Chocolate Cherry Cake – a Pillsbury Bake off Winner!
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Cake – bet you have these ingredients in your pantry!
- Black Bottom Cupcakes – easiest cupcake ever…no frosting required!
- Loaded Brownie Mix Cookies – loaded with everything!
Kathi and Rachel
Oreo Cupcakes – Stuffed!
- 1 25.5 ounce Oreo's – Family Size Package
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup brewed coffee – cooled
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
FOR OREO FROSTING
- 1 1/4 cups butter – at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed oreo's – about 6 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In large mixing bowl combine egg, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Add cocoa powder and coffee. Mix until no lumps are evident.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until no flour is visable.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter in each muffin tin liner. Top with a cookie add 2-3 more tablespoons of the batter.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the cupcake springs back when pressed with your finger. COOL COMPLETLY BEFORE FROSTING.
FOR OREO FROSTING
- Cream butter using an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add confectioners sugar. Blend on low for one minute and scrape the bowl. Add heavy cream, vanilla and salt.
- Blend on medium high for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Using a food processer pulse the cookies until they are a fine powder. Stir into frosting and frost the cupcakes.
- Break 12 oreo's in half and use as garnish.
- To store: Store the cupcakes at room temperature to keep the frosting soft.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items I know and trust. Clink!