We here at LaughingSpatula.com are famous for our sheet pan dinners- they’re easy, delicious, and not a lot of cleanup. This BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is another great weeknight meal- complete with bbq chicken, corn on the cob, and tender seasoned potato wedges- this one has something for everyone!
Ingredients needed for this BBQ Chicken Dinner
- Chicken breasts: You can also use thighs (boneless).
- BBQ Sauce: I use Sweet Baby Rays and mix it with a little bit of honey and lime.
- Onions: I used sweet Walla Walla onions. Red Onions would be great, too.
- Corn: Fresh, on the cob.
- Potatoes: Russet potatoes, cut into wedges.
- Seasoning: A mix of rosemary, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, & pepper with a little bit of olive oil keep the potatoes crispy and delicious.
First step- line a large sheet pan with foil, and spray with nonstick. Add chicken breasts- I used 4 but you can modify to however many you are feeding, and brush with bbq sauce (as I mentioned above I used a mixture of Sweet Baby Rays, Lime and Honey..its a Kirk family favorite).
Next step- add wegded potatoes, sliced onion and corn on the cob. You can leave the corn whole if you prefer- I just halfed mine for the ‘pretty’ factor. Then, add seasoning and olive oil to the potato wedges. Last step- give the whole dinner a spray of nonstick. This will help nicely roast everything in the oven.
Bake for about 20 minutes, tossing the potatoes halfway through, and dinner is served! Chicken is fully cooked once it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If you find the chicken is fully cooked but you want the potatos to be a little more crisp, remove the chicken, set aside under foil to keep warm, and place the tray back in the oven (remove the corn if needed). You can also broil the entire meal for an additional 5 minutes if you enjoy the extra ‘char’.
Craving more BBQ? Here’s a few more of our favorite recipes:
Also..check out all of our sheet pan dinners here!
Cheers to easy dinners. – Kathi and Rachel
BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 3-4 boneless skinnless chicken breasts (about .75-1 breast per person depending on size)
- 1 medium sized sliced onion
- 3-4 pieces of corn on the cob (average .5-1 cob per person)
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
BBQ Sauce Mixture (in a separate dish)
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lime juice & zest of 1 lime
Potato Wedge Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- .5 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked or regular)
- .5 tsp garlic powder
- .5 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit. Spray a sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix BBQ sauce in a small dish (reserve some for dipping if desired). Add chicken to sheet pan and generously baste with BBQ sauce using basting brush. Add corn cobs and potato wedges to sheet pan.
- Add olive oil over potato wedges, and sprinkle with seasonings. Toss to combine, ensuring wedges are coated. Lightly spray potato wedges, and corn with nonstick spray (this helps with even roasting).
- Bake for 20 minutes, tossing potato wedges at the 10 minute mark. Chicken is fully cooked once its thickest point reaches 165 degrees internally.
- Optional: Once finished cooking, broil on high for 2-3 minutes (watching closely so it doesn't burn) for additional 'char'.
Leave a Reply