If you have never made a green smoothie, you are going to wonder what took you so long! We kept this simple and delicious with apples, banana and spinach.
How to Make a Green Smoothie –
Lets start with this basic recipe and move onto all the different ways you can make smoothies.
No need to go all kale and chia when you are just starting to experiment with smoothies. Keep it simple and you will make this over and over again!
What kind of liquid should I add to my smoothie?
- Kathi likes unsweetened almond milk and Rachel is a big fan of unsweetened coconut milk.
- There are so many nut milks and milk substitutes to choose from these days! But almond and coconut are the most user friendly and easy to find. Experiment to see what works best for you and your family.
What kind of blender do I use?
- Our favorite blender, hands down is the NutriBullet. It’s cheap and cheerful and incredibly durable as well as being compact and easy to clean! (No, they are not a sponsor of this post we just love their product!)
- You can use any good blender though. Hard to go wrong with this recipe as it doesn’t have hard to blend ingredients.
What else can I throw in the blender?
Where to start! To make it a bit easier Rachel put together this handy dandy chart!
What about Protein Powder?
- We love it and use it in most every smoothie we make! Our favorite is vanilla flavored by Orgain Plant Based Protein Powder. It is smooth, not too sweet with no bitter taste and vegan! (again, not a sponsored post…we just love the product!)
- You do not need to use a protein powder, this smoothie will do it all for ya but we like the way it helps us stay full longer and it sweetens it up just a tick.
We are just getting started on our Healthy and easy to Make Smoothie recipes so stand by for more easy smoothie recipes!
Now that you have started your day in a healthy way…keep it going with a few of our most popular healthy recipes!
To green things that are yummy!
This easy recipes is great for green smoothie beginners and can be made a hundred different ways!
- 1 apple any variety
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 12 ounces unsweetened almond milk or your favorite milk product
- 2 scoops protein powder optional
Add all ingredients to blender and process until smooth.
Nutrition information does NOT include protein powder.
If using un frozen banana increase ice cubes to one cup.