When the going gets tough, the tough make muffins! It’s so therapeutic. When Rachel was little and had a bad day, we would make muffins after school, talk and laugh…it was, and is, so calming. I still make muffins for friends, neighbors and those that I love. I have tried so many different muffin recipes but this is still my number one go to, tried and true, can not dork it up muffin recipe!
This is a very versatile recipe…substitute any fruit you like, chopped peaches are wonderful! Vary the yogurt flavor as well and come up with your own favorite!
Great for holiday mornings.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 oz carton vanilla yogurt 8
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add orange juice, oil, vanilla, yogurt and egg. Stir until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffins cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.