How about this Fresh, Crunchy, Easy to Make Chickpea Salad to kick off the promise of Spring! Tons of veggies including crispy cucumber, red peppers and spinach. Tossed up in our 1 minute Greek style vinaigrette!
Oh crunchy delicious spring salad, where you been? It’s been a long winter here in Seattle and as much I love me some soup, I’m ready for some crunchy veggies!
The beauty of this salad is all the ingredients are available all year long!
Chickpea is just another word for garbanzo. Either works. We buy canned low sodium, that we rinse and drain. A bag of spinach, some english cucumber and you are almost done! Add some olives and a sprinkle of feta. Serve with simple grilled chicken or fish and you have one impressive healthy meal.
How to make this Fresh, Healthy and Easy Chickpea Salad!
Don’t blink…this is gonna go fast!
Rinse beans, chop veggies, add to bowl. Sprinkle with feta and olives….
Mix up simple vinaigrette ingredients. Olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. You will be surprised how tasty this simple concoction is!
Pour vinaigrette over salad….
Almost done! Whew, pretty exhausting right? :).
Toss salad, serve!
This recipe is so easy that I am way under my normal word allotment here..what else can we chat about? Oh, Meal Prep! This recipe is perfect for lunch meal prep.
TIP: I would keep the spinach separate and toss in before serving if making way in advance. Spinach is the prefect green outside of the fact it gets wilty and tired pretty quickly.
A few other great dishes to get spring off to a strong start. Our Grilled Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa…grill indoor or out in case Spring hasn’t sprung for ya.
or Zucchini Noodles and Shrimp. A one pan super flavorful and healthy dish! Zucchini is available year round these days so it’s a great pre-spring food fling!
To veggies and Spring!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
- 2 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained or garbanzo beans
- 1 english cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced make sure to buy them pitted
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar can sub red wine or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or about 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in jar and shake.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad ingredients. Cover and store up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Makes great lunch meal prep. Keep the spinach on the side and toss at the last minute for more crunch.
Add or sub suggestion: chopped broccoli, roasted red peppers, corn and carrots.