Crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, these Corn Fritters do double duty as a side dish or an appetizer! A super easy way to use fresh summer corn that everyone will love.
These tasty Corn Fritter come together in a flash. All in one bowl with simple ingredients you already have in your pantry!
Dandy Sweet Corn makes for the best tasting corn fritters.
We prefer to use Dandy Sweet Corn for our fritters. Cleaned and ready to use it’s a perfect choice for no-fuss fritters!
Dandy Sweet Corn is grown and harvested in Florida, Georgia, and Michigan. They choose not to use any type of genetically modified seed or crop to grow Dandy Sweet Corn. Fresh sweet corn is the perfect addition to all of your family favorites, so fire up your grill and gather your loved ones! Find it in a grocery store near you by clicking here.
Ingredients to make Corn Fritters –
- Dandy Sweet Corn
- Baking powder
- Salt, pepper
- Whole milk
- Green onion
- Vegetable oil
- Optional: Sour Cream for Topping
How to easily remove corn from the cob –
This method is fool proof! No messy corn kernals all over the floor and counter! Plus if you want to, you just leave them in the bowl and add the corn fritter ingredients. One bowl easy!
Simply place a small bowl or ramiken upside down in a large bowl. Stand the corn up on it and using a serrated knife slice the corn right into the bowl.
Give the corn fritter mixture a stir and let it rest for a few minutes while you heat the oil in the pan. You can do this inside or out on the BBQ for a super fun summer snack! We use about 1/8 inch of oil. It doesn’t take that much to brown these up.
After heating the oil drop a heaping tablespoon into the pan. Be careful of splatters! I use two spoons to help shape the fritters. Perfection is not required here…we will call them ‘rustic’ shapes :).
Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
How to Serve Corn Fritters –
- Serve as a side dish or appetizer. Make them smaller if you wish.
- Top with sour cream, more green onion or bits of bacon.
- Store them in sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in the oven or air fryer to crisp them back up!
A few more vegetable based recipes for you!
- Radish Citrus Salad – a crunchy salad topped with Orange and Honey dressing!
- Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Celery – the first thing to go at any party!
- Quick Pickled Cucumbers – perfect for hot summer nights!
- Cauliflower ‘Potato’ Salad – it’s the only way we make it anymore.
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
- 3 cups Dandy Sweet Corn - about 4-6 ears
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk - or half and half
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- vegetable oil for frying
- sour cream for topping optional
- Remove corn kernels from the cob to measure 3 cups. Set aside.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper to a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add milk. Add corn & green onions. Stir gently until just moistened. Fold in egg until completely mixed in.
- Set batter aside to rest while you heat the oil.
- Heat about 1/8-1/4 inch oil in a deep sturdy frying pan over medium high heat. Cast Iron works great for this.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of mixture into the hot oil. Use two spoons to help shape the fritter.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Top with sour cream and serve!