The easiest Quick Pickled Cucumber Recipe! Crunchy, tangy and ready to eat in 30 minutes! We go through buckets of these every summer and serve them on sandwiches in salads and along side every thing off the barbeque. Tastes like summer in a jar!
What kind of vinegar is best for pickling cucumbers?
- white vinegar has a mild flavor and the clear color makes it more appealing but I have used apple cider vinegar more often than not and love the extra tang it gives. You could use most any kind of vinegar including seasoned rice vinegar but you may want to cut back on the sugar a bit as it is already a little sweet.
How long will these keep in the refrigerator?
- the vinegar will keep them safe to eat for up to a week but the longer they sit the less crunchy they will become.
What kind of cucumbers should I use to pickle?
- Thicker the skin the crunchier the cuc and the longer the crunch will last! If your gonna gobble them up quickly, the english variety will work nicely but generally I use just the plain old every day thick skinned cucumber. Cheap and cheerful!
PRO TIP: Don’t toss the pickling vinegar when your cucumbers are gone! Toss in more cuc’s and make another batch!
Check out our Super Easy Pickled Onions as well!
Kathi & Rachel
Quick Pickled Cucumbers
- 2 cups cucumbers – sliced
- 1 cup vinegar – white or apple cider
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped – optional
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt in large bowl with lid.
- Whisk until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add cucumbers and fully submerge in liquid. Store in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to one week.