These Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Celery sticks are the perfect snack or appetizer! Made with convenient Dandy Celery Sticks they come together in a flash!
Easy to make and everyone loves them. Simple fresh ingredients are the key to these crunchy snacks! Bonus- they’re also low carb, which we love.
Make sure you use Dandy Celery– it’s pre washed and trimmed which makes this recipe even easier.
Ingredients to make Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Celery –
- Dandy Celery Sticks
- Click here to find them at a grocer near you!
- cream cheese – light or full fat
- crispy cooked bacon
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sliced green onion
- hot sauce if desired for a little kick
Sometimes I like to make a bowl of the stuffing mix and keep it in the refrigerator. Great to stuff celery sticks with throughout the week, or as a dip!
How to Make Stuffed Celery
Soften your cream cheese to room temperature and cook your bacon. We like to use whole strips that we can cut into big chunks but you can substitute real bacon bits in a pinch. Add all your ingredients to a medium size bowl.
TIME SAVING TIP: If you don’t have time to soften your cream cheese, use whipped cream cheese. It spreads very easily.
What else can I use in my stuffed celery recipe?
- substitute any of your favorite cheeses for the sharp cheddar – pepper jack, mexican blend or swiss to name a few.
- add a tablespoon of ranch dressing mix.
- add raisins, dried cranberries or a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- add jalapeños, it makes them reminiscent of jalapeño poppers!
Mix up the stuffing ingredients and stuff into half a celery stick. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. We like to keep these crunchy so we make only a few at a time. The cream cheese mixture will last up to 5 days in the fridge!
Here are a few more Easy Appetizer Ideas we think you’ll love –
- Sheet Pan Quesadillas – an easy to make hearty appetizer fit for a crowd!
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies – made with store bought biscuits these are the first to go!
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – just enough heat, these easy to make meatballs are a crowd pleaser!
- Mini Quiche in Wonton Cups – keep a package of wonton wrappers in your refrigerator, the possibilites are endless!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Celery
- 1 2.5 pound bag Dandy ready to use celery sticks - cut in half
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 ounces cooked and crumbled bacon - about 8 ounces uncooked
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley - or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce - optional
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Using a table knife or frosting spatula, stuff each piece of celery with the cream cheese mixture.
- Store stuffed celery in a tight fitting container for up to 24 hours. Store the cream cheese mixture for up to 5 days.