This easy to make English Muffin Bread is everything you love about English Muffins in one perfect loaf! One bowl batter. One short rise and you have homemade bread!
This may be the easiest homemade bread recipe you have ever tried! No proofing of the yeast, no lengthy double rise, no kneading! You simply combine everything in one bowl and spread it in a loaf pan!
Easy Homemade Bread Recipe!
It is so easy and tastes the way a homemade loaf of bread should. Smother with a bit of butter and jam and pow! Hit’s ya right in the old breadbox!
The fresh homemade bread smells are our gift to you :).
What you need to make this easy loaf of bread:
- all purpose flour
- yeast – regular or rapid rise. They are interchangeable for this recipe just adjust rise time
- baking soda
Love my cute little jam spoon!
But wait this isn’t just for breakfast! Serve it up with your favorite soup. We love it with our 30 Minute Sausage Minestrone. And save a few slices for French Toast the next day.
This English Muffin Bread just keeps on giving!
Nothing says I love you like homemade bread and when you can throw everything in a bowl, mix it up with a wooden spoon and pour it in a pan…even better.
What kind of yeast do I use for this English Muffin Bread?
- You can use either instant (also called Rapid Rise) or regular active dry yeast. Both are interchangeable. Regular active dry yeast will take longer to rise…only about 10-15 minutes though so either works!
The only thing you gotta get right is the temp of the liquid. Too hot and it will kill the yeast. Too cold and the yeast won’t work.
PRO TIP: If you do not have a thermometer simply use your finger :). If it feels too hot for a bath then it’s probably too hot for the yeast. Cool it down just a bit so it feels warm enough that you can leave your finger in it. Ya, pretty food sciency stuff here….
More easy bread recipes please! You got it..check these out!
Zucchini Cheddar Quick Bread – the easiest no rise bread you ever did eat!
Easy Homemade Rolls – they rise and cook in the oven at the same time…yay!
Fresh Strawberry Bread – its breakfast and dessert 🙂
To fresh bread – you just get me.
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
English Muffin Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 packet active yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and yeast.
- In microwave safe bowl or measuring cup combine milk, water and oil. Microwave on high for about 45 seconds, stir and test the temp. It should be around 120-130 degrees or hotter than your finger, but not so hot you can't touch it. You should be able to leave your finger in it comfortably. Like a hot bath. :).
- Pour the milk, water and oil mixture over your dry ingredients. Stir until well combined. (alternativly you can use a mixer if you prefer). Continue to mix until a smooth batter forms. This is a wet dough compared to other breads.
- Spray non stick spray on a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and pour batter in. Smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Cover and place in a warm place for about 30- 45 minutes until the bread has almost reached the top edge of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 and bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
- Brush with melted butter if desired. Cool slightly before slicing.
- Liquid temp should be 120-130 degrees. Hotter than your finger but not so hot you can’t touch it.
- Adjust rise time if using active dry yeast.
- Store cooled bread in plastic bag for up to 3 days.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items we know and trust. Clink!