I keep making this English Muffin Bread and falling in love with it all over again!
It is so easy and tastes the way a homemade loaf of bread should. Smother with a bit of butter and jam and pow! Hit’s ya right in the old carbohydrate breadbox!
Serve this with my Gnocchi, Sausage Soup and your family will love you!
- 1 oz package active dry yeast 1/4
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (110 degrees or just dip your finger if its warm, it will work)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Mix dry yeast, water and sugar in Kitchen Aid bowl. Let sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy. Add remaining ingredients and knead in mixer for about 3-5 minutes until dough is smooth.
- Add dough to oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double in size, about an hour.
- Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray.
- Punch down dough and knead gently on a floured surface.
- Shape to fit loaf pan.
- Place in loaf pan.
- Let rise until double - about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.