Right now, we are just doing a ton of baking! This Fresh Strawberry Bread is made with fresh strawberries and tastes like a delicious dense muffin. It makes for a delicious breakfast or snack for days. Of course- I enjoy it with a little bit of butter and jam. Yummy!
I love recipes that help contribute to no food waste- especially right now! I guess that is all recipes though, depending on what you have on hand. I had leftover strawberries that were pretty ripe and needed to use them. We are never really great with eating breakfast so I like having muffins, breakfast bread, and premade items to grab quick. I like this recipe because it doesn’t require a ton of fancy ingredients; it has a clean simple flavor and is light enough for breakfast or a snack.
They key to this strawberry loaf bread is coating the strawberries in flour- this helps them so that they stay in the middle of the bread and don’t sink. I don’t quite understand the science of it-but it is the same concept when you make blueberry muffins.
After mixing the strawberry bread ingredients and adding in the flour coated strawberries, bake it in a loaf pan (I used a 9×5) for 45-50 minutes. Allow it to fully cool before taking it out of the loaf pan (I have learned this the hard way in the past and if you don’t allow it to fully cool, it will be a crumbly mess when you go to remove it!).
To top it off, I like to add a nice thick white icing…Almost like the kind you get on a Starbucks Lemon Loaf! Of course, this is optional and you may just prefer it without icing. If you want to add some ‘pizazz’, you could add some red sprinkles or even dehydrated strawberries as a garnish! Trader Joes sells dehydrated strawberries, they are a fun baking addition.
This bread works well with fruit other than strawberries- you could definitely use whatever you have on hand. Some ideas!
- Cranberries (during holiday season!)
If you enjoy fresh Spring flavors- let me recommend some of our favorites, including some featuring strawberries!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Fresh Raspberry and Almond Cake
- Skinny Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Treats
Here’s to easy, simple and delicious recipes…yum! Stay healthy, happy and safe everyone. <3 – Rachel
Fresh Strawberry Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (I used whole but any % will do just fine)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Strawberries for Bread- In separate bowl
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 3 tbsp flour
Vanilla Glaze- Optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- In a medium sized bowl or a standmixer, mix together dry ingredients. Gradually add in wet ingredients and mix well until combined, being cautious not to overmix.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together strawberries and 3 tbsp flour, ensuring strawberries are well coated. Fold strawberries into batter mixture.
- Spray 9x5 loaf pan with non stick. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Optional: While bread is baking, mix together glaze. Top fully cooled bread with glaze.