Make your own Hot Honey in just minutes! Infused with chili flakes it’s a 2 ingredient wonder. Sweet with a little after burn. It’s the perfect condiment to most anything!
Serve this this with our HOT HONEY CHICKEN for sweet, savory and crunch dinner you’ll make over and over!
Ingredients to make Hot Honey
- Honey – just your regular store bought in the plastic bear kinda stuff! If you can find local, great. But if not the old stand by works great!
- Chili Flakes – standard dried type. You can use fresh jalapeno but the heat varies depending on the spice of the pepper and it will not be shelf stable. Meaning you will have to refridgerate it and warm it up each time before use.
How to make Hot Honey
This is gonna go fast!
Heat one cup of honey and one tablespoon of chili flakes in a pot on the stove. Bring to low simmer. Just when the edges start to bubble remove from heat. Let sit for at least 30 minutes so the chili flakes have time to infuse the honey.
Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the honey into a jar.
You can also leave the chili flakes in the honey for very hot honey!
How to control the heat of your Hot Honey
First, decide how much heat you want. We like a little burn but don’t want to set our mouths on fire, so the 30 minute infuse time is perfect for us.
You have the option of infusing overnight or even leaving the chili flakes in the honey and not straining. That will give you lots of heat! You may need to play around with the recipe a bit to get the desired heat level.
- Mild heat – 30 minute infuse time.
- Medium heat – infuse over night.
- High heat – leave chili flakes in the honey when serving.
- PRO TIP: Already strained the chilies and need more heat? Easy, just add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce! We like Franks for a little vinegar tang.
How long does Hot Honey last? – This hot honey is stable shelf for about as long as you want! Store in the cabinet, not the refridgerator to keep it ready to pour whenever you need it!
How to use Hot Honey
Serve with our HOT HONEY CHICKEN!
or a few more ideas:
- Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled Chicken
- Blackened or Baked Salmon
- Poured over a block of cream cheese
- Drizzled on English Muffin Bread
It’s a great way to add tons of sweet heat to any simple dish!
Hot Honey would make a great foodie gift as well!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hot Honey Recipe
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dried chili flakes
- Optional: hot sauce to add more heat if desired Not enough heat? Add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce!
- Pour one cup honey into small sauce pan.
- Add one tablespoon of dried chili flakes.
- On medium high heat bring to just simmering. When the edges start to bubble remove from heat.
- Let steep for 30 minutes or until it reaches desired level of heat.
- Strain into clean glass jar. Store at room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items we know and trust. Kathi & Rachel