Grilled Pork Chops are a delicious and simple dinner that the whole family loves. We like to marinate ours for a perfect savory sweet piece of grilled meat, but you can also go the simple salt and pepper route if you prefer. Follow along for our easy, how to guide for perfectly grilled pork chops!
Marination is the key to juicy, tender grilled pork chops
Whether you use our marinade, or your own, marination is really the key to perfect pork chops. For pork, we really recommend adding an acid to your marinade which will help tenderize the pork (don’t use this method for fish or chicken though- it will get chewy, whereas pork will become tender due to the difference in fat content).
Pork Chop Marinade Ingredients:
- Soy sauce
- Lime juice & zest
I like to mix my marinade in a separate container to really whisk the honey well but you can also mix it right in the ziplock bag if you want to save a dish.
Marinate the pork chops for at least 2 hours, and up to 6 hours max in the refrigerator, then you’re ready to grill.
How to Grill Pork Chops
- Preheat the grill to about 400 degrees.
- Place pork chop on grill
- Cook each side for about 8 minutes
- Pork chops are fully cooked once it reaches 145 degrees fahrenheit.
- You can read more about which desired doneness to cook your pork chop to here!
- Our favorite is medium, which is pork cooked between 150-155 degrees fahrenheit.
- Let the pork chops rest on the counter for about 3-5 minutes before serving to allow the juices to settle.
Other Pork Dishes We Love:
- Pork Chops with Apples & Cider Glaze
- Pan Seared Pork Chops
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- One Skillet Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- Asian Pork Tenderloin
Cheers to easy, grilling recipes! – Kathi and Rachel
How to Grill Pork Chops
Pork Chop Marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 lime zested
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Combine marinade ingredients, and stir well until honey dissolves. Add marinade to pork in ziplock bag, allow to marinate for 2 to 6 hours.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees (medium high heat).
- Place pork chops on grill, and allow to cook for 8 minutes per side. Once pork reaches at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit remove from grill (use a meat thermometer to check temperature in the middle of the pork chop).
- Remove from grill, and allow pork to rest for 3-5 minutes until serving.