These Fresh and Easy Salmon Burgers are easy to make, healthy and a great change up from a regular burger!
Notice none of my burgers are beef? It isn’t because I don’t enjoy a beef burger…I just don’t cook them well. I save that task for the uppidity Seattle tavern restaurants that we love!
Another thing I am not a fan of, is using a bunch of fancy equipment. Fancy equipment equals tons of clean up. I am more into eating than cleaning. My trusty knife and I do a quick job of mincing up the salmon in record time! I simply removed the skin and got to chopping. All I had to wash was my knife (I love my knife)…
These Salmon Burgers are so easy you will wonder where they have been all your life!
There isn’t much too these…a bit of egg, bread crumbs, red pepper – the usual suspects but they were divine! I will make them again and again. Next time I’ll add a bit of jalapeño or Anaheim peppers to kick it up a notch. But the simplicity of this recipe makes it noteworthy.
Note: You can sub almond meal for the Panko to make this GF, Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
And I love my Grill Pan!
Here are a few other healthy fresh, fast fabulous burgers to try!
This Chicken Avocado Burger was the most popular recipe on the blog for several years and still holds its place in the top 10!. Who knew you could include chunks of avo right in the burger!
These Tropical Chicken Burgers are a great mash up of fresh fruit salsa and ground chicken!
To Easy and Fresh Burgers!
Fresh and Easy Salmon Burgers! No fancy equipment needed to make these and about 20 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup Panko style crumbs Almond meal can be substituted for you GF folks
- 1 egg - slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- pinch of chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- Remove skin from salmon fillet and mince salmon.
- Add minced salmon and remaining ingredients to bowl and combine.
- Careful not to over handle.
- Form into 3 large or 4 small patties about 1/2 inch thick
- Heat grill pan or BBQ to medium to medium high.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side or until completely cooked through and center feels slightly firm.
- These cook fast - careful not to over cook or will become dry.