Easy Skillet Pork Chops in Mushroom Sauce – A one pan meal your whole family will love! Ya can’t have too much gravy right? You can eat this guilt free, because there is no butter or cream in that beautiful pan.
Sear the pork chops in a couple teaspoons of olive oil. Add onions and mushrooms, sauté for a few minutes. Toss in a bit of flour, some broth and throw the chops back in to simmer. Dinner done! One pan, and gravy…lots and lots of gravy! I used lean boneless chops but bone in will work just as well.
Tips for the best Skillet Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy!
- We like to use half chicken stock and half beef stock for the gravy. It brings out the intense mushroom flavor. But if chicken stock is all ya have, no worries. You will still love it!
- We used Crimini mushrooms which are Portobello mushrooms before they grow up. They have a much bigger flavor than white mushrooms.
- Do not salt your mushrooms until you are done browning them. Salting fresh mushrooms before cooking can make it more difficult for them to brown. If you salt before sautéing , you will never really know how brown your ‘shrooms can get!
How do you make that delicious mushroom sauce without butter or cream?
- It’s simply a mixture of beef and chicken broth that has been thickened with a bit of flour. If you want a little cream, just reduce the broth by a quarter cup and add that same amount in as cream.
Other Pork Recipes:
- The Best Slow Cooker Pork Loin
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- Proscuitto Wrapped Pork Loin
- Brown Sugar and Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- Crispy Pork Tenderloin
Other Mushroom Recipes:
- Cauliflower Rice with Mushrooms and Feta
- Easy Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Pan Sauce
- Creamy One Pot Chicken with Mushrooms and Rice
- Easy Make Ahead Mushroom Gravy
To gravy, sauce, and other creamy yummy things!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
A quick and healthy One Skillet Dinner made with lean Pork Chops and no butter or cream!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 in bone or boneless pork chops
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms - sliced
- 1 cup onion sliced (cut in half then slice thin)
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly salt and pepper pork chops.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add one teaspoon of oil to hot skillet.
- Sear pork chops in hot oil for 2-3 minutes on each side. (You may have to do this in two batches depending on the size of your skillet.)
- Remove chops from skillet, cover to keep warm.
- Add additional teaspoon of olive oil to same skillet.
- Add sliced mushrooms,onions and sauté until lightly brown. About 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for one minute or until all flour has been absorbed.
- Add both chicken and beef stock. Stirring and scraping bits off bottom of pan.
- Simmer for a 2-3 minutes until thick.
Reduce to medium heat. Add the chops back into the pan and continue to cook, uncovered for 20 minutes or until gravy is reduced by half and is thickened to your liking. Cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until pork chops are tender.