Easy Skillet Pork Chops in Mushroom Sauce – A one pan meal your whole family will love! Ya can’t have too much gravy right? This delicious gravy has no cream…say what?
We like to use a good old fashioned cast iron skillet to sear all our favorite protein in! We love this one from Lodge. Cheap and cheerful and does a great job!
Start by heating a bit of olive oil and butter. The olive oil will keep the butter from burning and the butter will help create a beautiful brown on the chop.
Season your pork chop well with salt and pepper!
What kind of pork chops should I use for this Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy?
- you can use bone in or boneless. Loin or blad cut is fine.
- stay with a thicker chop rather than the thin sliced as they can become tough when over cooked.
- pork is cooked perfectly at 145 degrees – use a meat thermometer…please! These things will save you time and time again!
Once your pork chop is seared (it doesn’t need to be cooked all the way through as it will continue to cook in the gravy). Remove to a plate and cook up your mushrooms and onions.
Combine your beef and chicken stock along with your flour and whisk until no lumps remain.
Pour into your mushroom and onion mixture. Simmer until thick.
Nestle the chops on top. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until pork reaches 145 degrees.
Tips for the best Skillet Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy!
- We like to use half chicken stock and half beef stock for the gravy. It brings out the intense mushroom flavor. But if chicken stock is all ya have, no worries. You will still love it!
- We used Crimini mushrooms which are Portobello mushrooms before they grow up. They have a much bigger flavor than white mushrooms.
- Do not salt your mushrooms until you are done browning them. Salting fresh mushrooms before cooking can make it more difficult for them to brown. If you salt before sautéing , you will never really know how brown your ‘shrooms can get!
Other Pork Recipes:
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- Proscuitto Wrapped Pork Loin
- Brown Sugar and Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- Crispy Pork Tenderloin
Other Mushroom Recipes:
- Cauliflower Rice with Mushrooms and Feta
- Easy Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Pan Sauce
- Creamy One Pot Chicken with Mushrooms and Rice
- Easy Make Ahead Mushroom Gravy
To gravy, sauce, and other creamy yummy things!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Easy One Skillet Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
- 2 tablespoons butter one to sear chops, one to brown mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pork chops
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms - sliced
- 1 cup onion thin sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly salt and pepper pork chops
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat
- Add one tablespoon oil and one tablespoon butter to hot skillet
- Sear pork chops in hot pan for 2-3 minutes on each side. (You may have to do this in two batches depending on the size of your skillet)
- Remove chops from skillet, cover to keep warm
- Add additional tablespoon of butter to pan and reduce heat to medium
- Add sliced mushrooms,onions and sauté until lightly brown. About 5 minutes
- Combine beef and chicken stock in measuring cup. Whisk in flour until no lumps remain. Pour into mushroom/onion mixture and simmer until thickend. About 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce to low-medium heat. Add the chops back into the pan and continue to cook, uncovered for about 10 minutes. Check for donesness. When internal temp reaches 145 degress your pork chops are perfect!