Easy Chocolate Ganache Tart! – This looks so fancy but believe me when I say it’s easy…we don’t do complicated around here!
Anybody can make this, it’s practically fool proof! And get this, I make the filling in the microwave, I know! It’s chocolate ganache blasphemy! ‘Real bakers’ are talking smack about me right now. But I am here to tell ya, it works! Never dirty a pan unless it is completely necessary. Never. I have washed my share of dishes, if there is a short cut…I will find it!
Ganache is a fancy word. But it’s only chocolate and cream. Thats it. I have used it in several desserts and love how easy it is to work with. Especially with my microwave method!
How to Make Easy Chocolate Ganache Tart!
First, make an easy cookie crust. You can use any cookie or graham cracker. I used shortbread cookies (Lorna Doones to be exact). I love the salty and not overly sweet flavor paired with the chocolate.
Crush up your cookies, add some melted butter and press into a tart pan. (This recipe is for an 11 inch tart pan which is 12 servings. If you have a 9 inch tart pan simply use the recipe servings adjuster in the recipe card. Slide it to 10 servings and boom…9 inch tart pan size!)
Completely cool your cookie crust.
Turn off the oven, because you won’t need it again..yay!
Add your chocolate and butter to a large mixing bowl. Heat the cream in the microwave for two and half minutes. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and cover with plastic wrap. Let it hang for 5 minutes before stirring.
Using a wire whisk, whisk it up and pour it into your prepared crust.
Smooth it all out with a spatula. Refridgerate for 2 hours or overnight. Done! Ya got a kick butt pie in no time flat and oh my, what a flavor this has! Would be fabulous at a dinner party paired with your favorite cabernet.
A sprinkle of course salt and a skiff of caramel sauce (store bought, because I am a cheater). HINT: I brushed the top with just a touch of vegetable oil to make it all shiny and stuff. Topped it with a handful of coarse cut chocolate.
Once you make this tart…you will make it over and over again!
I used the same microwave method to make the ganache in my Double Chocolate Whiskey Cake. Just thinned it out a bit. It makes the most fabulous and easy frosting!
Or something more kid friendly like Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake. Same easy ganache frosting!
To Easy Chocolaty Desserts!
Easy Dark Chocolate Ganache Tart
For the Crust
- 2 cups cookie crumbs short bread, chocolate or any kind of cookie or graham cracker will work
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
For Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 14 ounces dark chocolate, cut into chunks – plus a handful for garnish I used 70% cocoa chips
- 10 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- coarse salt for garnish
- salted caramel sauce for garnish I use store bought
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 11′ tart pan with non stick spray.
- Crush cookies into a fine consistency. I used a food processor but you can also put them in a ziploc type bag and crush with a rolling pin
- Combine crumbs with 7 tablespoons melted butter and 1/3 cup sugar. Press into tart pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Completely cool.
- Add chocolate chunks to large mixing bowl and top with 5 tablespoons cubed butter and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Heat the 10 ounces of heavy cream in microwave safe container for 2 minutes. (I just use my measuring cup).
- Pour over the chocolate and butter. Do not stir. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a wire whisk, mix until smooth.
- Pour into cooled cookie crust and spread evenly with spatula.
- Cool for two hours in refrigerator or overnight.
- Brush top with 1 teaspoon1 vegetable oil for a shiny appearance if desired. Top with additional chopped chocolate, coarse salt and caramel sauce if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a very small commission, at no cost to you should you chose to purchase that linked item. I only link to items I know and trust. Thank you for your support! Clink!