Overnight Cranberry Crush Vodka! – No long soaking retired…instant boozy gratification!
So what do you get if you mix vodka with crushed fruit? ….HAPPY! hiccup.
I’ve been cooking, and tasting, and cooking and tasting, and tasting, and tasting today. Did I mention I have been tasting? I do it all for you guys…your bewtifal man…I love EVERYBODY! You and you and…well, EVERYBODY, I LOVE YOUUUUU!
I couldn’t just pour vodka over cranberries and wait…and wait and wait. I needed this now! So I crushed the cranberries in my blender and boom!. Instant intense cranberry flavor!
I strained it through a wire mesh. And poured Vodka on it….whoo hoo! I added a bit of simple syrup to sweeten it up. It’s reminds me of my Lemoncello and Orangecello recipes…maybe I should call this Crancello? Thinking about that….
Vodka is a neutral spirit and will pretty much do what you tell it to do. In this case, I told it to suck up the cranberry juice…and it did. That is why I love it.
Tips to make Overnight Cranberry Crush Vodka!
- I used orange flavored vodka which added a nice flavor but plain old regular vodka will do.
- This yields about 5 cups and is easily doubled…or tripled for that matter! Vodka for everyone !
- You can add more simple syrup to reduce the alcohol content as well.
- Makes fabulous last minute gifts when put into a pretty bottle or mason jar.
Hap hap happy Holidays!
Cranberry infused vodka! Comes together in a flash and doesnt require days of soaking. Make a great gift too!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries reserve a 1/3 cup for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 750 ml bottle orange flavored vodka
- Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Begin by making simple syrup.
Mix 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer for about a minute until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool simply syrup completely.
- Pour fresh cranberries and 1 1/2 cups water into a blender.
- Mix for about 30 seconds until a thick slurry forms. (add additional 1/4 cup water if needed)
Place wire mesh strainer over a medium size bowl. The juice from the cranberries is what you will be using to flavor the vodka.
- Pour cranberry slurry into mesh pushing through with a rubber spatula until all juice has been extracted. Toss remaining cranberry pulp.
- You should end up with about a cup and a half of juice.
- Combine cooled simple syrup, vodka and extracted cranberry juice.
- Leave at room temp overnight to steep.
- Pour into decorative containers and garnish with cranberries.
- Best served chilled!