Make 4 or 4o of these easy to assemble Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites! Chicken pieces wrapped in bacon and tossed in a brown sugar chili powder mixture for a sweet and slightly spicy appetizer.
Bake these in the oven or use your Air Fryer. Instructions for both methods in the recipe card below. They are easy to assemble and require only a few ingredients!
Ingredients for Bacon Chicken Appetizers –
- chicken breasts – or chicken thighs work as well
- thin sliced bacon
- brown sugar
- chili powder
I like to set up an assembly line to roll these up quickly!
First, cut your chicken into bite size pieces. About 1 inch.
Slice your bacon in thirds and mix up your brown sugar and chili powder. Pretty easy!
Next line up your bacon slices on a flat surface. Add the chicken pieces and roll them up!
Line a large sheet pan with foil and top with an oven rack. Spray with non stick spray for an easy clean up!
NO NEED TO USE TOOTHPICKS TO HOLD THESE TOGETHER! The bacon sticks nicely to the chicken and the brown sugar seals the deal.
Roll into your brown sugar mixture and put on prepared baking sheet. Use a baking or cooling rack so they crisp up all around.
It’s about as easy of an appetizer you can make and they are always the first to go!
How to make ahead and store Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites –
- roll these up the night before and dip in the brown sugar right before baking.
- or bake ahead of time and reheat in the oven 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or Air fryer 400 degrees for about 5 minutes
- store in a closed container in the refridgerator uncooked for 1 day, cooked for 3 days
- freeze cooked or uncooked for up to 3 months
We like to serve these with our Greek Yogurt Honey Mustard Dip!
More appetizer recipes we think you will love! –
- Sheetpan Quesadillas – our most recent appetizer to feed your crowd!
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Bagel Bombs – made from store bought biscuits.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – cause it isn’t a party unless there are wings!
- Mini Quiche in Wonton wrappers – easy and great warm or cold.
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 2 boneless chicken breasts - or chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces bacon - thin cut
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teasoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place a cooking rack on top of the foil. Spray with non stick spray.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and bacon in thirds. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and toss.
- Combine brown sugar and chili powder in a medium size bowl.
- Begin by laying out the strips of bacon. Place one piece of chicken on each and wrap tightly so the bacon sticks to the chicken. You do not need to use a toothpick.
- Roll each into the brown sugar mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp. Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce!