This Banana Bread with Struesal Topping kicks your regular every day banana bread to a new level! The struesal is an easy to make blend of butter, brown sugar and flour.
Who doesn’t love banana bread! Sometimes we can hardly wait for the bananas to get all bruised up so we can whip up a loaf of this delicious and easy bread! Great for snacks, dessert and breakfast.
Ingredients for this easy banana bread:
- 2-3 over ripe bananas
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- confectioners sugar
How to make Banana Bread:
The banana bread dough is super easy. Just mix up your butter and sugar, add eggs, banana and the dry ingredients. See the recipe card below for full details.
How to make struesal topping:
I like to use my Kitchen Aid mixer witht he paddle and simply mix all the ingredients until they are crumbly, but you can certainly just use your hands or a fork to do the job!
Sprinkle the struesal topping on the unbaked banana bread dough and in the oven it goes.
NOTE: Nuts? You bet, add a half cup chopped of your favorite. Pecans, walnuts or cashews are great suggestions.
Tips to make the best Banana Bread with Struesal topping:
- spray your loaf pan with non stick spray.
- cool your bread completley before slicing to avoid it crumbling.
- freeze for up to two months. Wrap well in plastic wrap and then insert into freezer bad. Thaw at room temp.
- this recipe will also make 12 cupcakes. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
A few more quick bread recipes we think you will love!
- Cinnamon Apple Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Fresh Strawberry Bread
- Cheddar and Chive Savory Scones
- Zucchini Cheddar Quick Bread
KATHI AND RACHEL
Banana Bread with Struesal Topping
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed – about 2-3 bananas
- 1/2 cup butter – room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs – slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoon cold butter – cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8 x 4 loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine all struesal ingredients with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream brown sugar and butter together until well incorporated. Add eggs, mashed ripe bananas and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix gently trying not to over work the batter as it may make your bread tough.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle all the streusal topping over unbaked bread.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes and remove bread to platter. Cool completely and drizzle with confectioners sugar mixture.