Dump cakes use a simple mixture of canned fruit, boxed cake mix and butter, bake it all up and it forms a delicious cobbler style cake that everybody loves. This Peach version of a classic dump cake will be a sure fit to your regular dessert rotation; a little bit of cinnamon and a scoop of vanilla ice cream finishes it all off.
You only need 3 ingredients to make a ‘dump cake’.
For this peach dump cake, you’ll need:
- canned peaches (in heavy syrup),
- boxed yellow cake mix
- salted butter (salted helps offset the sweetness of the cake and the fruit)
To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 casserole dish, then, add undrained canned peaches in heavy syrup to the pan. I repeat..undrained peaches. Do not drain them. The liquid is what helps bake the cake.
Next step- add boxed yellow cake. Lumps are okay- they will bake right out in the oven. Spread boxed cake mix evenly over the peaches. Next step, start to slice salted cold butter.
Place the butter evenly over the boxed cake mix, and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the butter. The cinnamon sugar really helps caramelize the top of the cake- make it almost like a cobbler with a crunchy topping! Bake it for about 40-45 minutes, or until it no longer jiggles. Once it’s done baking, let it cool for about 10 minutes- and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cool whip, and enjoy!
You can make this cake with tons of other canned fruit options!
- Lemon Curd
- Key Lime Curd
- Fruit Cocktail
If you are looking for other easy dessert recipes, here are a few more that we love:
- One Bowl Cinnamon Apple Bars
- Bananas Foster Upside Down Cake
- Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
- Peach Cobbler Muffins
Enjoy this easy delicious cake…if you tried this recipe, let us know what you think about it in the comments below! – Rachel & Kathi
Peach Dump Cake
- 2 15 oz cans of peaches in heavy syrup (do not drain)
- 1 15.25 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup salted butter (sliced into 20-24 cuts, see photos for example)
- 1/3 cup cinnamon sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Add undrained peaches to pan. Sprinkle dry boxed cake mix over peaches. Add sliced buter on top.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over entirety of cake.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cake no longer jiggles and is fully set. Allow to cool, serve with ice cream and enjoy.
Check out our latest recipe posts while you’re at it!