Why didn’t I ever think of this before? It’s soooo good and soooo easy! It’s prepared exactly like my Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita’s but I swapped out the chicken for the salmon. You use the same simple olive oil and spice mixture to toss the veggies in and brush on the salmon. Plunk it all on a sheet pan, grab the tortillas, some condiments and dinner is done in 30 minutes! And a healthy dinner at that!
I made a simple mix of hot sauce, mayo, and light sour cream to top it off along with a sprinkle of Feta. (my version of Cochita cheese…I always have Feta but not Cochita…use what you like best or just regular old grated cheddar will do the trick!)
Notes: If possible, leave the fillet whole rather than cutting into serving sizes. This way it takes a few minutes longer to cook and the veggies can get nice and brown on the edges.
I’m back after a week long wedding whirlwind. My kiddo got hitched and everything went perfectly! The sun was out and love was in the air. I don’t have tons of pic’s to share yet but here are a few that some of the guests took.
It took place on a beach at a beautiful venue about an hour outside of Seattle. Rachel did an amazing job of planning this thing! I now have a son-in-law, Greg and my girl has changed her name. Tears on my keyboard…so happy for them both!
Sheet Pan Salmon Fajitas
- 10 oz salmon fillet
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 1 green pepper - sliced
- 1 yellow pepper - sliced
- 1 in onion - halved and cut slices
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Feta or Cochita cheese optional
- For Spicy Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce adjust for your taste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Combine with whisk
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line large sheet pan with foil or parchment
- In small bowl combine oil, chili powder, cumin, chili flakes, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place salmon fillet on prepared sheet pan and brush with a small amount of the olive oil mixture.
- Toss remaining olive oil mixture with veggies and add to sheet pan, spreading around the salmon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until salmon is cooked and the veggies are soft with a crispy edge.
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream, avocado and all your favorite fajita fixins!