Healthy and fast Mediterranean Shrimp and Orzo dinner comes together in about 20 minutes and is stuffed with all the greek flavors we have come to love! And all in one pan!
Ingredients for Mediterranean Shrimp Dinner:
- 1 pound raw shrimp 31-40 size
- orzo pasta
- chicken stock
- bell pepper – any color
- feta cheese (prefer block that you can cut into larger chunks)
- kalamata olives
- dried basil
This dish is similar to our popular 20 Minute Shrimp and Orzo dinner only stuffed with veggies and all those Mediterranean foods that are supposed to be so good for us!
Start by giving youa shrimp a quick sear. Place them in the pan and walk away! Let them sizzle and develop a bit of color for the best flavor. Then set then aside while you cook your veggies and toast your orzo.
We used peppers, tomatoes and onions but the list of veggies you could toss in this dish is endless!
- artichoke hearts
- substitute 1 inch chicken pieces for the shrimp
- poblano or jalapeno for some heat
- clean out the fridge and make it different every time!
Add the chicken stock to the veggies and orzo. Cover and cook stirring once or twice so the pasta doesnt stick to the pan.
Top with tomatoes, feta, olives and shrimp. Put the lid back on for just a few minutes to heat up and boom! Dinner done! You totally rocked it!
What we love about this easy shrimp dinner is you can eat it hot out of the pan or cold the next day like a pasta salad! It does it all!
More easy one pan dinners? We got ya covered…it’s our specialty!
- Pico De Gallo Chicken – a healthy dump and bake dinner with tons of flavor!
- Mediterranean Chicken Skillet – all those healthy flavors in one pan!
- One Pan Egg Roll in a Bowl – if you havnt tried this internet low carb sensation your missing out!
- Chicken in White Wine Sauce – a little for the pan, a little for the cook!
- Chicken in Tomato Sauce – the most popular one pan recipe on this site!
To Easy Healthy One Pan Dinners!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
A delicious dinner all in one pan and in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 pound shrimp medium size, raw. Thawed if frozen.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup bell pepper any color, sliced
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup orzo pasta uncooked
- 2 cups chicken stock prefer unsalted
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or a handful of chopped fresh
- salt and pepper to taste this will vary depending on the stock you use so tasting is best!
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 1/2 cup feta preferably diced from a full black rather than crumbled
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives cut in halves
Pat shrimp dry with paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet. Add shrimp and let sear for 2-3 minutes. Turn and cook an additional minute until pink. Remove to plate.
Add additional tablespoon of olive oil to pan if necessary (unless there is already left over from shrimp). Toss in onions and peppers. Saute for two minutes until slighly soft. Add orzo and continue to cook for another 2 minutes until slightly toasted.
Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add chicken stock and basil. Cover and cook about 10 minutes until orzo is tender, stiring twice to keep from sticking to pan.
Add the juice of a half lemon, saving the other half for garnish. Stir. Reduce heat to medium low and top with tomato, feta and kalamata. Cover and heat through.
Serve with a simple side such as steamed broccoli or beans. Leftovers are wonderful hot or cold as a pasta salad!
Use medium size shrimp 31-40 per pound. Raw. Thawed if frozen. Deveined no tail.
Serve hot out of the pan or cold for salad.
Store in covered container in refridgerator for up to 3 days.