This Green Chili Chicken takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and in the oven it goes! Chicken breasts smothered in a cream cheese and chili mixture then baked to ooey gooey perfection!
This simple dish is big on flavor! Combine cream cheese, grated cheese and a can of green chilies along with a few spices. Pour over your chicken and in the oven it goes!
Ingredients to make these Chili Cheese Chicken Bake:
- boneless chicken breasts
- cream cheese
- grated mexican cheese blend
- garlic powder
Besides being incredibly easy this will fit a Keto/Low carb lifestyle. We just make it cause it’s delicious! Serve with Easy Baked Rice , Mexican Rice or a simple green salad for a perfect fast chicken dinner the whole family will love!
How to make this easy baked chicken dish:
Pat dry the chicken and place in casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper.
In a small bow combine the soft cream cheese, chilies, grated cheese, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Smother the chicken in the cream cheese mixture and bake! Thats it!
You can easily double the recipe. Leftovers can be stored in the refridgerator for up to 3 days. Makes a great low carb lunch!
A few more super easy one pan chicken dinner recipes:
Chili Cheese Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 ounce cream cheese : at room temperature
- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1 cup grated mexican blend cheese :1/2 cup for cream cheese mixture and 1/2 cup as topping.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pat dry chicken breasts with paper towel and place in casserole dish.
- In small bowl combined softnend cream cheese, 1/2 cup of grated cheese, chilies, cumin, garlic powerd, salt and pepper.
- Cover chicken breasts with cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Top with 1/2 cup grated cheese and bake another 5 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve with rice, veggies or salad for a complete meal!