One-Pan Egg Roll in a Bowl…a recipe that is all over the internet! And for good reason. Packed with protein, low in carbs and comes together in 20 minutes. I’d say thats a viral recipe if there ever was one!
I have added my own flare to this recipe…of course!
How to make this One Pan Egg Roll in a Bowl!
If you have not tried this 20 minute one pan wonder meal you are in for a treat and I promise you you will make it over and over again! It’s low carb, low calorie and high flavor. BONUS: All made in one pan!
What kind of meat do I use?
- Ground pork or beef is the most common used for this recipe but we like ground chicken 93/7 fat ratio. Lets face it, fat is flavor and without a little bit of it you get less flavor. Nuff said.
- Ground turkey can be used as well but again if you can spare the 25 calories use the 93/7 in lieu of the fat free which tastes a little bit like paper towels when cooked.
What kind of veggies should I use?
You can stuff stuff stuff a whole days worth of veggies into this delish one pot meal!
Essential veggies for this recipe are: cabbage, carrots, onion, garlic.
Dig through your crisper and see what else ya got!
- red peppers
- spicy peppers like jalapeño or poblano
- bean sprouts
- and more!
Is there egg in an Egg Roll Bowl?
- There is in our version! Why not? Like fried rice!
- Typically the ‘egg’ in an Egg Roll is in the wrapper, not in the filling but we liked it with an egg mixed in.
What other ingredients will I need for this One-Pan Egg Roll Bowl?
Essential ingredients include:
- Soy sauce
- ginger (fresh or ground)
- sesame oil
Tips for the best One Pan Egg Roll Bowl
- Not watching your carbs? Serve over rice!
- Use a large pan, there is a lot of veggies,
- Time saver: buy bagged shredded cabbage and shredded carrots.
Need sauce? Me too! Combine one cup of plain yogurt and 3 tablespoons Franks Hot Sauce for a delicious healthy Buffalo Sauce! I love squeezy bottles for everything. Here are the ones I buy: Squeezy Bottles
Check out these popular Easy and Healthy Dinners!
- Healthy Mexican Casserole
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Asian Style Chicken Meatloaf
- Honey Glazed Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
15 minutes for this delicious and filling healthy dinner. All in one pan!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken 93/7 or ground pork, beef or turkey
- 1 16 ounce bag of shredded cabbage or coleslaw
- 4 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 10 ounce can water chestnuts drained and rough chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium if possible
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 2 green onions sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
In large skillet heat sesame oil. Add ground meat and cook until done breaking up with a wooden spoon
Add garlic, yellow onion, carrots, celery and water chestnuts. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
Make a large well in the center of the pan and add cabbage (this makes it easy to fit it all in!)
Cook for 4-5 minutes until cabbage is crisp tender.
Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in small bowl. Add to skillet. Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until thick.
Taste for salt and pepper. If using low sodium soy sauce amount will vary.
Make another well in center and add egg. Scramble as it cooks then incorporate into the cabbage.
Top with sliced green onions and Yogurt Buffalo Sauce if desired!
Combine one cup of plain fat free yogurt with 2-3 tablespoons Franks Hot Sauce (add more or less depending on your taste). Drizzle over Egg Roll Bowl.