One-Pan Egg Roll in a Bowl…a recipe that is all over the internet! And for good reason. Packed with protein, low in carbs and comes together in 20 minutes. I’d say thats a viral recipe if there ever was one!
I have added my own flare to this recipe…of course!
How to make this One Pan Egg Roll in a Bowl!
If you have not tried this 20 minute one pan wonder meal you are in for a treat and I promise you you will make it over and over again! It’s low carb, low calorie and high flavor. BONUS: All made in one pan!
What kind of meat do I use?
- Ground pork or beef is the most common used for this recipe but we like ground chicken 93/7 fat ratio. Lets face it, fat is flavor and without a little bit of it you get less flavor. Nuff said.
- Ground turkey can be used as well but again if you can spare the 25 calories use the 93/7 in lieu of the fat free which tastes a little bit like paper towels when cooked.
What kind of veggies should I use?
You can stuff stuff stuff a whole days worth of veggies into this delish one pot meal!
Essential veggies for this recipe are: cabbage, carrots, onion, garlic.
Dig through your crisper and see what else ya got!
- red peppers
- spicy peppers like jalapeño or poblano
- bean sprouts
- and more!
Is there egg in an Egg Roll Bowl?
- There is in our version! Why not? Like fried rice!
- Typically the ‘egg’ in an Egg Roll is in the wrapper, not in the filling but we liked it with an egg mixed in.
What other ingredients will I need for this One-Pan Egg Roll Bowl?
Essential ingredients include:
- Soy sauce
- ginger (fresh or ground)
- sesame oil
Tips for the best One Pan Egg Roll Bowl
- Not watching your carbs? Serve over rice!
- Use a large pan, there is a lot of veggies,
- Time saver: buy bagged shredded cabbage and shredded carrots.
Need sauce? Me too! Combine one cup of plain yogurt and 3 tablespoons Franks Hot Sauce for a delicious healthy Buffalo Sauce! I love squeezy bottles for everything. Here are the ones I buy: Squeezy Bottles
Check out these popular Easy and Healthy Dinners!
- Healthy Mexican Casserole
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Asian Style Chicken Meatloaf
- Honey Glazed Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
One-Pan Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken 93/7 or ground pork, beef or turkey
- 1 16 ounce bag of shredded cabbage or coleslaw
- 4 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 10 ounce can water chestnuts drained and rough chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium if possible
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 2 green onions sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large skillet heat sesame oil. Add ground meat and cook until done breaking up with a wooden spoon
- Add garlic, yellow onion, carrots, celery and water chestnuts. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Make a large well in the center of the pan and add cabbage (this makes it easy to fit it all in!)
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until cabbage is crisp tender.
- Add ginger.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in small bowl. Add to skillet. Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until thick.
- Taste for salt and pepper. If using low sodium soy sauce amount will vary.
- Make another well in center and add egg. Scramble as it cooks then incorporate into the cabbage.
- Top with sliced green onions and Yogurt Buffalo Sauce if desired!
Yogurt Buffalo Sauce
- Combine one cup of plain fat free yogurt with 2-3 tablespoons Franks Hot Sauce (add more or less depending on your taste). Drizzle over Egg Roll Bowl.