These tasty Beef Wonton Taco Cups are the perfect appetizer, snack or dinner! We love them served along side a crispy salad for an easy meal or served up as a quick snack. Bonus: kids go crazy for them!
Made with store bought wonton wrappers and a muffin tin, these little beauties are packable treats and so easy!
Perfect for your next party – ya I know, but there will be parties again!
We used ground beef in our Taco Cups but you can easily sub ground turkey or ground chicken.
There really isn’t much to these little bundles of fun. First brown your ground meat then add the seasoning.
Spray a muffin tin pan with non stick spray and add one won ton wrapper.
Top with a bit of cheese.
Add another wonton wrapper.
Than the meat, more cheese and in the oven it goes!
Can I freeze these Taco cups?
- These freeze beautifully! Put in a ziplock type freezer bag and freeze flat so they don’t touch. That way you can remove individually. Wrap in a paper towel and put in microwave for about 45 second to a minute. Thats it! Snack time!
- PRO SNACK TIP: Consider making a double batch for the freezer!
We like to top ours with a little sour cream and salsa…maybe some guacamole if you have it hanging around.
How about a few more Easy Mexican inspired recipes?
Sheet Pan Fajitas – everything on one sheet pan and in the oven it goes!
Easy and Healthy Mexican Casserole – no one will no this is a healthy version!
Easy Oven Baked Mexican Rice – no watching the pot for this perfect rice!
Mexican Shrimp and Corn Chowder – a personal favorite! Deep flavors in a quick making soup!
To Mexican flavors – Ole!
Kathi & Rachel
Â What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, andÂ connect with us on Instagram andÂ Â tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!Â
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 pound ground beef turkey or chicken
- 1 ounce package taco seasoning
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced greed onion if desired
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large skillet brown ground beef and add taco seasoning following direction on package.
- Add diced tomato. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with non stick spray.
- Add ONE wonton wrapper to each muffin tin tray. Place one tablespoon of cheese onto each wrapper.
- Place one additional wrapper on top of cheese with corner on opposite sides. Fill second wrapper with several tablespoons of beef taco filling using up all the beef filling.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until brown around edges and cheese is melted.
Inspired by Dinner at the Zoo