When I say I like easy- I really mean it. You know what else gets me? Fluffy restaurant style Mexican rice. It’s SO HARD to duplicate at home but guess what? I found a way! You will LOVE my recipe for the BEST and EASIEST Baked Mexican Rice!
Yet another recipe I made up but exists on the internet- I’m apparently famous for this. Or just not as creative as I think I am. Whatever works!
The best part about this is you stick everything in one pot, cover with foil, and bake. THAT’S IT! When it’s done, cover it with some cheese, and boom! Your whole family is in love with you, and all ya gotta do is bask in the glory.
Once you’re done and the rice has been baked, you’ll notice the tomatoes will float to the top. Have no fear, this is normal! Just stir them in and you’re good to go.
We sprinkle our baked Mexican rice with cheese, and some cilantro- but it’s totally up to you! It’s great plain, but we really recommend cheese and cilantro, mostly because it just perks up the color a tad. You could also add some cotjia cheese, along with some sheet pan fajitas and make fajita bowls! OR, Check out our fajita stuffed chicken if you need to scale down your meal a bit!
Need other weeknight suggestions? We’ve put together a Monday through Friday meal plan, too! We’ve even included a printable recipe list…You know, ‘cuz we like to make your life easy and stuff.
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Cheers! To easy, one pot tasty recipes!
Check out this video to see how truly easy this is!
Simple 5 minute prep, plop it in the oven and you're good to go!
- 1 8 oz can fire roasted tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 cups long grain rice
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika smoked or unsmoked, you decide!
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
Combine all ingredients into casserole dish & stir. Cover tightly with foil.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until rice is done and fluffy. Tomatoes will rise to top; stir in before serving and top with cheese.
*Bake time depends upon oven.
Tips for this Easy Baked Mexican Rice:
- We sprinkle our baked Mexican rice with cheese, and some cilantro- but it's totally up to you! It's great plain, but we really recommend cheese and cilantro, mostly because it just perks up the color a tad.
- You could also add some cotjia cheese, along with some sheet pan fajitas and make fajita bowls!
- Check out our fajita stuffed chicken if you need to scale down your meal a bit! This one is calorie friendly and super easy. A different take on a regular weeknight meal.