If you have 5 minutes, this is how I would spend it making this Easy 5 Minute Chocolate Pudding!
This rich and Easy to make chocolate pudding recipe is such a treat! Made with wholesome ingredients for a not too guilty pleasure!
Pudding…just the sound of it invokes creamy loveliness. Its like sex in a cup…and all it takes is 5 minutes. Think of the time you will save! That should open up say 10-12 minutes a
day week month right? Maybe I should have called it Sexy Puddin’. Ooooo I like that! (note to daughter – cover your eyes. Mom is a little crazy today…).
How to make Easy 5 Minute Chocolate Pudding –
- Pretty simple stuff. Sugar, cocoa, milk and a couple other ingredients you most likely have hanging around. When I was making this I really wanted to jazz it up. Add some raspberries, or shaved chocolate, but I kept it simple for my peeps! My peeps like it simple, that much I know and I try my best to deliver! But, if you wanted to jazz this sexy pudding stuff up. I’d say a few chopped maraschino cherries (more sexiness), or whipped cream…um okay…
What kind of milk can I use to make this pudding?
- We find whole milk makes the smoothest pudding but you can sub 2% in a pinch. When you go to a more watery consistency milk, like skim or a nut milk your pudding will take on a less silky consistency. It will work, it just won’t be as smooth. So stick with whole milk with this recipe if you can!
Now add the milk to your dry ingredients. Turn on the stove and watch the magic! Keep stirring so your dry ingredients don’t clump on the bottom of the pan! It will thicken up in just a few minutes.
DO NOT OVER STIR: A nice consistent gentle whisk will do. Anything more can break down the cornstarch and leave you with a runnier pudding. It will still be good just not as thick.
PRO TIP: When it starts to bubble let it continue to cook for about 30 seconds or so….at this point you have reached pudding nirvana. It won’t get any thicker! But it will thicken up nicely when cooled!
Pour into your pretty little cups and serve either warm or chilled. This will keep for up to 3 days in your refrigerator.
Cover with plastic wrap to keep the tops from forming a skin while cooling.
Serve this with chopped chocolate, cherries, raspberries, whip cream or just straight up!
More easy chocolate desserts!
Hoping you take 5 minutes today for some sweet, sexy pudding…we all need a little pudding in our lives!
Check out this video to see exactly how we make it!
5 Minute Chocolate Pudding
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweeteend cocoa powder like Hersheys Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter This just adds a bit of richness and a glossy look. optional
- In medium saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt with a whisk.
- Add milk and continue to whisk. Heat to simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat - add vanilla and butter
- Pour into your favorite dessert glass and chill throughly.
- Stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in large microwave-safe bowl; gradually stir in milk.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 7 to 10 minutes or until mixture comes to full boil, stirring every few minutes.
- Stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into dishes to cool.