Easy 5 Minute Chocolate Pudding This rich and Easy to make chocolate pudding recipe is such a treat! Made with wholesome ingredients for a not too guilty pleasure!
Pudding…just the sound of it invokes creamy loveliness. Creamy and rich but made with simple ingredients. Sugar, cocoa, milk and a couple other ingredients you most likely have hanging around.
Jazz this simple pudding recipe up with raspberries, chopped maraschino cherries, shaved chocolate or just dive in as is!
How to make Homemade Chocolate Pudding –
Simply whisk together the dry ingredients, add the milk and bringn to a simmer. Instant easy pudding !
What kind of milk can I use to make this pudding?
- We find whole milk makes the smoothest pudding but you can sub 2% in a pinch. When you go to a more watery consistency milk, like skim or a nut milk your pudding will take on a less silky consistency. It will work, it just won’t be as smooth. So stick with whole milk with this recipe if you can!
Keep stirring so your dry ingredients don’t clump on the bottom of the pan! It will thicken up in just a few minutes.
DO NOT OVER STIR: A nice consistent gentle whisk will do. Anything more can break down the cornstarch and leave you with a runnier pudding. It will still be good just not as thick.
PRO TIP: When it starts to bubble let it continue to cook for about 30 seconds or so….at this point you have reached pudding nirvana. It won’t get any thicker! But it will thicken up nicely when cooled!
Pour into your pretty little cups and serve either warm or chilled. This will keep for up to 3 days in your refrigerator.
Cover with plastic wrap to keep the tops from forming a skin while cooling.
Serve this with chopped chocolate, cherries, raspberries, whip cream or just straight up!
More easy chocolate desserts!
Kathi and Rachel
Check out this video to see exactly how we make it!
5 Minute Chocolate Pudding
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweeteend cocoa powder like Hersheys Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter This just adds a bit of richness and a glossy look. optional
- In medium saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt with a whisk.
- Add milk and continue to whisk. Heat to simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat - add vanilla and butter
- Pour into your favorite dessert glass and chill throughly.
- Stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in large microwave-safe bowl; gradually stir in milk.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 7 to 10 minutes or until mixture comes to full boil, stirring every few minutes.
- Stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into dishes to cool.