This Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole comes together in a flash with our 5 Minute Alfredo Sauce! Creamy and comforting! Low Carb/Keto Friendly!
What do I need to make this Low Carb Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole?
- 8 cups cooked cauliflower
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2 cups of our 5 Minute Alfredo Sauce – heavy cream, parmesan, flour
How to cook perfect cauliflower for this casserole:
- Simply cut up the cauliflower in bite size florets.
- We used a microwave steamer, it’s one of our favorite time savers. Steam for 4 minutes.
- Or boil the florets for about 4 minutes.
- Drain well and let them sit for a few minutes to dry out a bit. (Too much moisture in your cauliflower can make your sauce runny.)
What else can I throw in this Low Carb Casserole?
- more veggies! Eat the rainbow they say. Broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper to name just a few.
- cooked bacon or sausage.
- use half cauliflower and half pasta to please everyone!
- amp up that cheese! Cheddar, Gruyere or Asiago.
How do I store this casserole?
- Keep in the refridgerator for up to 3 day. Reheat at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Freezing not recommended.
A few more Healthy Casseroles you might enjoy!
- Zucchini Lasagna – you will never miss the pasta in the comforting casserole!
- Healthy Mexican Casserole – easy on the cook and family friendly!
- Pico De Gallo Chicken – Low carb never tasted so good!
Low Carb never tasted so good! Clink!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
An easy and delicious low carb chicken casserole the whole family will love!
- 8 cups cauliflower florets steamed or boiled to fork tender
- 2 cups cooked boneless chicken breasts or thighs cut into bite size pieces
- 1 3/4 heavy cream or half and half
- 2 tablespoons all purpose white flour
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degees. Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Cut cauliflower into bite size florets. Either steam for 4 minutes or boil for 4-5 minutes until cauliflower is fork tender. Careful not to overcook, as it will continue to cook in the oven. DRAIN WELL. After draining spread cauliflower out on two sheets of paper towels to let all excess moisture evaporate.
Cut cooked chicken into one inch pieces.
Heat cream in sauce pan over medium high heat until simmering.
In small bowl combine cheese, flour and ground fresh black pepper.
Reduce heat to medium and add cheese mixture to hot cream whisking until smooth and no lumps appear. About 2 minutes
Add cooked cauliflower and chicken to prepared baking dish. Pour Alfredo Sauce over and toss. Taste for salt and pepper.
Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are bubbling and just starting to brown. Allow to cool 10 minutes to thicken up sauce before serving.
Like a little garlic in your sauce? Simply saute up a couple chopped cloves in a tablespoon of butter and add the cream in!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items we know and trust. Clink!