Just in time for the Super Bowl! Appetizers that travel! Everything you love about Hot Artichoke and Jalapeño Dip all stuffed into a loaf of french bread. Easy to make, and easy to tote! This is a take off of my Super Easy Baked Egg Boat recipe.
I love the idea of stuffing a store bought loaf of french bread and turning it into something special! The possibilities are endless. I’ve been subbing feta for parm in almost all my recipes lately so I thought I’d kick up your basic artichoke dip and make it go boom! Who wants plain old parm cheese when you can go boom with the big flavor of feta! Who doesn’t wanna go boom? I love going boom…we are big boomers are here.
First challenge was to keep all the goo in tact when slicing. Typical artichoke dip is meant to be fairly gooey. But you don’t want it sliding out of the bread. The trick to getting this to hold together when sliced is a simple egg. Just adding one binds that cream cheese and mayo together like a warm hug.
Hollowing out the bread is super easy. Just cut along the edges and pull out the middle leaving about one inch of bread all the way around the loaf and on the bottom.
Now just spoon in the filling, top with some additional feta and in the oven it goes!
Bake for about 30 minutes and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. This recipe makes enough for one large french bread loaf or two demi baguettes. Using a serrated knife, slice it up and serve! This is good warm or even at room temp. Or you can stuff it at home, wrap it up and bake it at your BFF ‘s house!
Need more feta in your life? Check out my Feta and Herb Crusted Salmon recipe!
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened - either light or full fat will work
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 jalapeño pepper - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion - finely chopped plus extra rings for garnish
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts well drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese - plus additional for garnish
- 1 large loaf french bread or 2 demi loaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut and remove center of french bread using a small paring knife, leaving an inch on bottom and sides.
- Using electric mixer, combine softened cream cheese, mayonnaise and egg until well blended and smooth.
- Add, jalapeño, garlic, red onion, drained artichoke hearts and feta. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon into hollowed out french bread.
- Sprinkle with additional feta and chopped red onion.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until hot all the way through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.