Easy Baked Spaghetti Casserole is a recipe that is requested over and over again around here!
A meaty sauce layered between spaghetti and cheese….like a spaghetti Lasagna!
Classic Baked Spaghetti Casserole is the gift that keeps on giving! It feeds a crowd and then some. I love to make this up on a Friday night so we don’t have to cook all weekend. Love my Friday night music and cooking sessions!
Step by step instructions to make Baked Spaghetti Casserole –
Start with ground beef, chicken or turkey. 93/7 ground chicken is usually my choice. You can cut a few calories with 100% fat free ground turkey but it tastes like a paper plate. Ever eat a paper plate? Ya me neither and not starting now….
Ground meat, onion, garlic all in the pan! Then comes the crushed tomatoes!
TIP: You can substitute one 32 ounce store bought marinara in place of the crushed tomatoes in a pinch!
In the mean time start the water boiling for the pasta.
Can I use other pasta to make this Baked Spaghetti Casserole?
- I actually prefer angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti for this casserole. It makes a lighter meal.
- But you can also sub any pasta, penne, macaroni, linguine…any will work!
After pasta is done and your sauce is cooked…start the quick job of layering.
Meat Sauce, Pasta, Cheese ending with Sauce and cheese!
More meat sauce, more cheese! Keep it going 3 times and your done!
Bake for 30 minutes and serve it up!
What should I serve with this Baked Spaghetti Casserole?
- Cheesy Garlic Bread and a simple salad are perfect!
Can I freeze this Baked Spaghetti Casserole?
- Yes! Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes.
More casserole dishes you will love!
To casseroles that feed the people we love!
This Baked Spaghetti Casserole will quickly become a family favorite! We love how it is made with simple ingredients and feeds a crowd!
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 pound ground chicken beef or turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 32 oz can crushed tomatoes or a 32 ounce jar of store bought marinara
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In large skillet brown ground meat. Drain excess fat. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, add olive oil, chopped onions and garlic. Saute until onions are soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add meat into sauce.
- Butter a 9 x 13 dish.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with 1/3 of the meat sauce.
- Top with half the pasta and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layers ending in sauce. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until warmed through and bubbly!
- Substitute angel hair or thin spaghetti for a lighter version.
- Use one 32 ounce of store bought marinara in place of the crushed tomatoes if desired.