This SKINNY TACO DIP has layers of refried beans, cool ranch sour cream, cheese, tomatoes and our forever friend avocado! It makes enough to feed a crowd and takes all of 10 minutes to throw together!
I brought this to a party last week and every bite was scooped up in record time. Pretty sure everyone looked a little bit skinnier than when they arrived…this stuff is a miracle :).
You need only a few minutes to make whip this up, and it requires no cooking. I am seriously considering making a batch every week to dippity dip dip everything in it!
The trick to keeping this skinny is to not eat a half bag of tortilla chips while scooping up the SKINNY DIP! ….the struggle continues.
How to make Skinny Taco Dip!
Combine one tablespoon of ranch dressing mix with light sour cream or greek yogurt…or even a combo of both.
We served the salsa on the side to make this more stable. ( aka: not watery.) With these hot Seattle summers…total sarcasm. We wanted to be sure it stayed crunchy! If you prefer, and you will be serving it right away, feel free to add a layer of salsa on top of the refried beans.
We used one can of refried beans but there is plenty of room for a second can if you want a thicker dip.
PRO TIP: After chopping your tomatoes, toss them around a bit on a cutting board, to remove excess juice and seeds. It will help keep your taco dip fresh and crunchy!
Either iceberg or chopped romaine lettuce seems to work best with this. Both hold up well without wilting.
We serve this with regular or baked tortilla chips and fresh cut veggies. I am particularly fond of cucumber slices and celery sticks since they hold a lot of dip!
We like our food light and full of flavor around here! You can see ALL OUR HEALTHY RECIPES HERE!
To foods that make us Skinny!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Skinny Taco Dip for a Crowd
- 1 14 ounce fat free refried beans add a second can if desired
- 1 16 ounce light sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix ( save the rest for next time!) like Hidden Valley
- 2 cups shredded iceburg or romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 6 ounce sliced olives
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- In 9 x 13 inch baking dish, spread out the refried beans.
- Combine ONE TABLESPOON of the ranch dressing saving the rest for another use, and 2 cups light sour cream. Pour on top of the refried bean layer.
- Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, olives, onion and avocado.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 6 hours.
- Serve with salsa on the side, chips and fresh cut veggies for dipping!