The easiest and Best Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe! If you love stuffed cabbage rolls, you are going to love this deconstructed soup recipe! Ground beef, cabbage, rice, tomatoes and seasoning are the backbone of this pot of comforting soup!
Ingredients for Cabbage Roll Soup:
- ground beef, or ground chicken or turkey if you prefer
- uncooked rice
- beef stock
- canned diced tomatoes
- canned tomato sauce
We start by browning the beef and removing most of the grease from the pan.
Add remaining ingredients including the uncooked rice. Simmer for 20 minutes and dinner is done!
What can I serve with this soup? Bread of course!
This soup takes only 15 minutes of prep and a few minutes to throw together. Oh and did I mention healthy? Yup! It’s the perfect pot of comfort!
MORE HEALTHY SOUPS WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE :
- Easy Taco Soup
- Chicken and Mushroom Soup with Rice
- Sausage and Potato Soup
- Minestrone Soup with Sausage
To delicious and easy soup recipes every day! Clink!
Kathi and Rachel
Cabbage Roll Soup
- 1 pound ground beef – ground chicken or turkey can be substituted
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups cabbage chopped (about one small head)
- 2 carrots diced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 15.5 ounce canned diced tomatoes – undrained
- 1 15.5 ounce canned crushed tomatoes – or tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste; this will vary based on the sodium content of your broth
- In large soup pot or dutch oven, brown ground beef over medium high heat until cooked through Season with salt and pepper. Drain any excess grease.
- Add onion and garlic and continue to cook until onion is soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir and simmer until cabbage is soft and rice is cooked. About 20 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning!
Matej @ Cookwewill says
Now this looks like a soup I would love! I’m cooking a similar one, but without the rice… I add some cooked pasta at the end though, to make it thicker. Using rice sounds like a very good idea, will try it the next time. Thanks for the tip.
Kathi & Rachel says
Pasta will work well! I was thinking Quinoa would be good too. Hope you get a chance to give it a try!
Matej @ CookWeWill says
I will try it for sure and to be honest, I think that using rice is the better option compared to pasta 🙂 I’m actually using rice in a few other soups already, so it should work really well.