Eula’s Sunday Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole! A no-fail, easy to make dish with ingredients you likely have right now.
I’ll bet most people have a ‘go to’ casserole in their family recipe box…they almost all include a can of cream style soup…. and this one is no different! But every time I make this, I get asked for the recipe over and over again!
It feeds a crowd and has a fresh flavor that not all creamy casseroles have.
Eula was my mother-in-law. Probably one of the nicest people I have ever had the privilege of knowing…she had a true heart of gold. She was a wonderful cook, and I am not so sure she would be thrilled to know that her name is attached to one of the simplest dishes she made, but we started calling it Eula’s Casserole years ago and it’s too late to change now!
If you are looking for another yummy Chicken dinner…check out our Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Skillet!
To old recipes that are the best recipes!
This hearty and comforting casserole will become a family favorite!
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 4 cups cooked rotini noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with non stick spray. (or for easy clean up line the dish with foil).
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and chicken soup. Add chicken (or turkey), noodles, 2 cups of the cheese, broccoli and lemon juice, mix well. Pour into prepared casserole dish, cover with foil. Bake for about 45 minutes or until bubbly in the center. Remove foil, top with remaining 1/2 cup of swiss cheese and bake until cheese is melted.