Twisted Bacon is the latest viral internet trend. Incredibly easy to make with only one ingredient….bacon!
Super easy and fun to make this Twisted Bacon Recipe is tearing up the internet…well at least it was two minutes ago. Things change :). Originally posted on TikTok and made famous by Keto lovers. This bacon comes out perfectly crispy every time and hey, it’s just fun!
How to make Twisted Bacon:
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Seal it over the edges. We choose foil over parchment for this recipe because you want to keep the bacon grease from leaking underneath for easy clean up.
- Holding one end of the bacon strip simply twist it around your finger and boom!
- Place on lined baking sheet and into the oven it goes!
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. It takes a bit of time to really crisp these up!
- Remove the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Let the grease solidify then wrap up the foil and toss!
Tips to make this fun and easy baked bacon!
- we prefer thick sliced bacon but any bacon will do. Thinner tends to break when twisting but it works.
- line your baking sheet with foil and bring it over the edges of the pan to hold in the grease. That way after you remove the bacon, you can let the grease solidify then wrap up the foil and toss!
- Top with pepper, brown sugar or Everything Bagel seasoning before baking if desired.
How to make Twisted Bacon in your Air Fryer –
- Simply preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees. Line with Air Fryer Parchment if using (highly recommend).
- Place twisted bacon into basket and cook for about 8-10 minutes until crispy.
Serve these fun oven baked bacon twists with these fabulous recipes:
- Mini Quiche in Wonton Wrappers
- Baked Eggs in Baguettes
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole
Sometimes trending food works and this is one of those times!
Kathi and Rachel
- 2 pounds thick sliced bacon add more or less depending on your need. Thin sliced bacon will work but harder to twist as it breaks easily.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil folding it over the edges
- Twist back tightly. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cripsy.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels or cooling rack.
- Allow bacon grease to solidfy for a few hours or put in refridgerator for a quick method. Roll up foil and toss!