21 Whole30 Meal Recipes that are incredibly Fast and Fresh!
What is a Whole30? Whole30 is a short-term nutritional reset, designed to help you put an end to unhealthy cravings and habits, restore a healthy metabolism, heal your digestive tract, and balance your immune system. Sounds lovely doesn’t it! Who wouldn’t want to look and feel better while you eat amazing food! (hand raised and waiving in the air!).
I attempted my first Whole30 in January of 2014, I made it 23 days before falling into a vat of champagne at a Seahawks Super Bowl Party. Really, I think I blacked out or something. I can hardly remember it….hiccup. I’ve been waiting and waiting for a good time to attempt this again and isn’t January national diet month or something? If it isn’t, it should be!
The Whole truth, pun intended, is, I struggle with my weight , and I have been on every diet available. (My husband and my check book will confirm this.) But this Whole30 thing speaks to me. First of all, it’s food I actually like. Savory food, fresh veggies and fruit. Second, it’s whole foods that are feeding my body and making it smile. And after the first week, I feel amazing! (notice how I said ‘after’ the first week…chubby fingers making quotation marks. First week wasn’t much ‘fun’). And finally the third reason, umm, lets see, …oh weight loss!…silly girl. Yes, weight loss is a beautiful thing!
The toughest part of the plan, outside of the no wine thing, is ‘what do I eat on a Whole30?!” I am here to help with a plethora of easy to prepare recipes you can have for Meal 1, 2 or 3. So flavorful your family will never know what him ’em! I have a few more on the blog and you can view them all here. Also, the majority of my recipes make enough to feed a family of four with leftovers for your lunch box, which is a real win win when on the plan.
If this is your first Whole30, buy the book! I can’t stress that enough. You can stumble through without the book, but it is a lot easier with it. You can find it here: The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom. It’s relatively inexpensive for what you get. Hard bound, glossy beautiful pics for around 18 bucks, cheaper if you go E-book. (I have both…throw some money at it and maybe it will stick right?).
UPDATE: There are new cookbooks out! Penned by the founder of the Whole30 Program, Melissa Hartwig. These books should make your Whole30 a whole bunch easier!
And if you want all the sciency stuff behind the diet, you can pick up a copy of the original Whole30 book It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways. I have that one too 🙂 But personally I found the newer book, The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom all I need and more.
So here goes! Clink!..oh wait, there is no clink in Whole 30. Thud? (the sound of Chicken Avocado Burgers colliding!).
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. I only link to items I know and trust. Thank you!
21 of my favorite Whole30 Recipes that are super easy to make, fresh and fast!
- Sheet Pan Fajitas! This is my all time favorite, go too, gotta eat it Whole30 recipe! You can top a salad, wrap it in lettuce leaves or just it straight off the sheet pan!
- Chicken Avocado Burgers The most popular recipe on this blog and for good reason!
- Chicken Puttanesca Super big flavor…done in 30 minutes!
- Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup – Lunch bag! Oh ya! You need a double batch for lunch!
- Fajita Stuffed Chicken– This easy to make 30 minute chicken recipe offers BIG flavor and fabulous color. Perfect for any season, you’ll love how impressive this looks but how easy it is to make!
- 3 Minute Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette– You will make this over and over again! I use it on salads and to marinade fish and chicken!
- Fresh Taco Meat – We make this every week and eat it on salad for lunch. I pump it up with all kinds of veggies and spices!
- Fresh Tomato Vinaigrette – Such a great dressing. Simple and fresh!
- Slow Cooker Bolognese – Ground beef, tomato puree for a meaty, unbelievable flavor! Fill your freezer with this! Serve over spiral zucchini or veggies! (ignore the dribble on the container in the back…I need a photo editor!).
- Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Loin – Perfect for Saturday date night! Looks so fancy but it’s only a couple ingredients!
- Roasted Chicken Sausage and Potatoes – All in one pan! This is over the top easy and so good. Make sure your sausage is compliant.
- Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa – Chopped salmon with herbs and almond flour to hold it all together. Topped with my favorite Whole30 condiment…avocado!
- Roast Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner – Work night dinner done! Toss your meat and veggies on a tray. Bake for 40 minutes and you have a fabulous meal!
- Chicken, Rosemary and Potatoes – One Pan Dinner – Another Whole30 compliant one pan wonder!
- Cold Poached Salmon – Don’t wait until summertime to try this! It’s fabulous for lunch and breakfast!
- Chimichurri Sauce – High flavors – easy prep condiment!
- Easy Roast Chicken – Sometimes the basics are the best. You can live off a chicken for days!
- Mojo Marinated Chicken- Quick marinade makes this a perfect weeknight meal!
- Greek Sheet Pan Dinner – I know! It has a sprinkle of feta.. not compliant! OMIT THE FETA! This recipe, without the feta is a Whole30 dream! Will make this again soon, and include a pic without the feta but in the mean time…enjoy feta free!
- Salmon with Lime and Garlic – 10 minutes prep time and Whole30 big flavor!
- Chili Lime Shrimp Fajitas – Really, not kidding…20 minutes and dinner done!
Bonus Recipe! Sheet Pan Marinara Sauce!
This incredibly flavorful marinara is a cinch to make and so much fresher than the bottled stuff!
Best of luck to you on your Whole30! Stay strong…it gets easier!