Thanksgiving and Holiday prep is in full swing! I had leftover homemade cranberry sauce, canned biscuits and some leftover brie from a cheese platter- hey! let’s stuff biscuits with cranberry sauce and brie, that surely can’t be terrible! Visions of chubby fairies danced in my head as I took a bite. These Cranberry and Brie Filled Biscuits are what holiday cheesy dreams are made of.
This is a super simple recipe and I used refrigerated, store bought canned biscuits. Pillsbury is my favorite brand (not sponsored, just saying) but you could use any store bought brand biscuit. If you wanted to make your own biscuits you definitely could. Buns in My Oven has a fabulous recipe.
Start off by flattening your biscuits. Make them into a medium size plat with enough room to roll up the sides onto themselves. You’ll notice these little yellow flakes in the dough; sometimes you see them with canned biscuits, and sometimes you don’t. All that they are are a mixture of shortening and butter. Add a tablespoon of cranberry, along with about a one inch by 1 inch chunk of brie to the middle.
Now I’ll be honest- the step of folding these little babies is hard to capture by photograph. Take a minute to watch our video on how we made these– it will make all the difference and ensure that you fold them correctly so the cranberry and brie doesn’t spill over!
After folding, brush them with a mixture of melted butter, fresh garlic, and parsley. This gives them shine, and a little bit of additional savory flavor to compliment the cranberry. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and enjoy.
Serve these right out of the oven for an appetizer, or to go with your main Thanksgiving dinner and enjoy (just be careful- the filling will be hot!).
Are you a holiday cranberry fiend? We LOVE the tangy taste of cranberry around the holidays, not to mention how festive they are!
Here’s our other recipes featuring our favorite holiday berry, the cranberry!
- Orange Cranberry Sauce with Cinnamon and Vanilla: A high end taste with a simple recipe. It is bar none, the best Cranberry sauce you will have.
- Cranberry Curd Tart: Garnished with raspberries and pistachios- A unique holiday treat with bright, gorgeous Christmas colors!
- Overnight Cranberry Crush Vodka: No long soaking retired…instant boozy gratification!
Cheers to happy holidays, full bellies, and delicious melty cheese- Calories just don’t count this time of year 🙂
Here’s a video on how to make these delicious Cranberry and Brie stuffed biscuits!
Cranberry Brie Filled Biscuits
- 1 can refrigerated store bought biscuit dough (we used Pillsbury homestyle biscuits)
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 8 cubes brie cheese (about a tablespoon each)
butter mixture for topping
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh chopped garlic
- 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat ovcen to 350 degrees farenheit. Cover baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Open canned biscuit dough. Flatten each piece into about a 4 inch round.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce along with a 1 inch by 1 inch piece of brie. Fold biscuit on top of itself (see video for example) and pinch at seam to seal.
- Mix melted butter, garlic and parsley in a small dish. Brush top of each biscuit with mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy- remmeber, filling will be hot, be careful! 🙂