This Easy Apple Cake Recipe is made with fresh ingredients that come together quickly. No need to fuss with frosting…a simple sprinkle of cinnamon sugar is all the bling it needs!
There isn’t anyone who doesn’t love this cake! We have been enjoying this cake for years…serve with a scoop of ice cream and everybody loves ya!
How to make this Easy Apple Cake Recipe:
Start with apples of course! Peel and dice two large Granny Smiths (or any apples you love). Toss with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
Mix up the easy cake batter that includes, butter, sugar and cream cheese.
The cream cheese gives the cake an almost bread pudding texture.
Toss the cinnamon covered diced apple into the batter and pour into the pan.
Look how easy that was!
Spread into a prepared 8 x 8 pan.
Sprinkle with additional mixture of cinnamon and sugar and into the oven it goes.
This cake takes 60 minutes to bake. It’s super tender and moist and worth every minute it spends in the oven!
Get ready for your house to smell like a bakery dream!
What kind of apples can I use to make this Easy Apple Cake Recipe?
- We have used ALL KINDS OF APPLES! Our preferred is Granny Smith but everything from Fuji to Golden Delicious will work. You can’t break this cake…apples in cake are a good thing. Regardless of variety.
Let the cake cook about 15 minutes before slicing and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
This Easy Apple Cake makes a delicious breakfast as well and stays fresh for several days.
Can I double this Easy Apple Cake recipe for a 9 x 13 pan?
- You bet! PRO TIP – In the recipe card, hover over the servings size. Slide it up to 18 servings and you will have the perfect amount for a 9 x 13 pan. I love technology! I can’t tell you how many times I have doubled a recipe ‘in my head’ and forgot to double one of the ingredients. This tool is fabulous!
WE LOVE CAKE! Check out these EASY CAKE RECIPES!:
To cake, you make me soooo happy!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
Fresh apples and easy to gather ingredients make this delcious and easy to make Apple Cake!
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced about 2 to 2 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature 3/4 cup sour cream can be substituted in a pinch
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 pan with non stick spray.
In medium bowl combine diced apple, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside
Using an electric mixer, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar and eggs. Beat for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
Directly to the wet batter, add dry ingredients of flour, baking powder,salt and cinnamon. Beat for another 1-2 minutes.
Using a spatula fold in diced apple mixture.
Pour into prepared pan and smooth out.
Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnoman and sprinkle evently over uncooked cake.
Bake for 1 hour or until sides are slighly brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes, cut and serve. Delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Sub any apple for Granny Smith variety including fuji, honey crisp or golden delicious. Any apple will work!
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.