Lemon Loaf Cake with Cream Cheese Filling! Fresh and delicous lemon cake with a ribbon of cream cheese running right through it!
Already perfect on it’s own but with the added kick of a cheesecake center it becomes irresistible!
What are the ingredients in this lemon cake?
- fresh lemon zest and juice
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- confectioners sugar for drizzle
- seen entire recipe below
How to make Lemon Loaf Cake –
- After mixing up your cake batter, pour half the batter in a loaf pan.
- Combine your cream cheese and egg mixture and pour that right over the batter….followed by the remaining batter. So easy!
How do I store this cake?
- Since it has cream cheese filling, we store it like a cheesecake. Wrap in plastic wrap and in the refridgerator. Store for up to 5 days. This cake is a keeper!
Can I freeze this cake?
- Like everything, fresh is best but this cake is very moist and will freeze well. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and put into ziptop freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temp.
Add a little drizzle…why not! Simply combine lemon juice and confectioners sugar. So easy!
PRO TIP : use a fork to drizzle on frosting to avoid clumps.
You will also love our Lemon Zucchini Bread – it’s lemon cake with veggies!
Try our Fresh Apple Cake in an 8 x 8 pan. Perfect size!
We love this Pumpkin Loaf Cake with Streusel Topping too. Doesn’t need to be fall for pumpkin!
And of course our popular Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
To cake thats stuffed – yay!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Delicous and fresh cake made with a cream cheese filling.
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8 x 4 loaf pan with non stick spray.
Using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about two minutes.
Add eggs one at a time. Scrape down the bowl. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and sour cream. Beat for an additional minute.
Combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add to butter mixture half at a time beating after each addition.
Using an electric mixer combine all ingredients. Beat until no visable lumps appear. About two minutes.
Pour half of the cake batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with all of the cream cheese mixture. (You may want to drop in tablespoons rather than spread around to avoid pressing it into the cake batter.) Top with remaining cake batter.
Bake for about 50 minutes or until top feels firm and sides are a very light brown.
Allow cake to cool.
In small bowl combine confectioners sugar and lemon juice until no lumps appear. Using a fork drizzle over cooled cake.
Store leftover loaf in plastic wrap in the refridgerator for up to 5 days. Can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temp.