Gingerbread Biscotti is easier to make than cookies! These not too crunchy slices are topped with melted white chocolate and have that distinct snap of gingerbread!
What are Biscotti?
- Biscotti are a twice baked Italian cookie. They were originally developed as a cookie to send to family and troop membes due to the long shelf life. You can bake these to a crunch or leave them slightly soft, which is the way that we prefer. Either way, put these next to a cup of tea at night and it’s a slice of heaven!
Ingredients for Biscotti –
(see recipe card below for details)
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- white chocolate
How to make Gingerbread Biscotti –
Step 1 – Make the dough. Shape into a 11″ x 1/2″ log. Perfect in it’s imperfection!
Step 2 – First bake : Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Slice into desired thickness of cookie. We like about 1/2″ thickness but thinner cookies are fine as well. Just don’t go so thin that the cookie breaks.
Step 3 – Second bake. For a crunchier cookie bake 10 minutes on each side for a total of 20 minutes. If you like a softer cookies we recommend 5 minutes on each side.
Step 4 – White chocolate drizzle! Simply melt your white chocolate in the microwave. We use a fork to get the perfect drizzle! Put in the fridge for a few minutes to quickly solidify the white chocolate.
Now you are ready for the Holidays! These make the perfect gift when put in little cellphone bags and tied with a ribbon!
A few more easy cookie recipes we think you will love –
- Fresh and Easy Cranberry Bars – the crust does double duty as topping!
- Peanut Butter Crinkles – the cookie recipe I can make without looking! My personal fave.
- Grinch Cookies – who can resist these cuties!
- Loaded Browning Cookies – made with cake mix, doesn’t get any easier!
Ho Ho Ho!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
- 5 tablespoons butter - room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add softened butter and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer combine until blended.
- Add two eggs one at a time. Add molasses and mix for one minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Mix for about 3 minutes on medium low until a soft dough forms.
- Place on cookie sheet and shape into log that is 11" long and 1/2" thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife carefully cut into 1/2" slices.
- Arrange slices onto baking sheet. Second bake time: For a crispier cookie bake 10 minutes on each side. For a softer but still firm cookie, bake for 5 minutes on each side.
- For Chocolate Drizzle - add white chocolate chips to a microwave safe container like a measuring cup. Melt on high for 35 seconds. Stir. Heat on high for another 35 seconds and stir. Continue stirring until chips are melted.
- Using the tines of a fork drizzle on cooled biscotti. Put in fridge to firm up the chocolate quickly if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items we know and trust. Kathi & Rachel