Simple flavors yield the best meals, and this Italian Sheet Pan Dinner combines fresh vegetables, herbs, and tender gnocchi with sausage. The gnocchi cooks right on the sheet pan alongside the sausage and veggies making this a true one pan meal. It’s easy, healthy, and such an easy dinner we think you will love!
Gnocchi is usually classified as a pasta, but it is actually not! Gnocchi is a small dumpling made of potato, found in Italian cuisine. When boiled, Gnocchi puffs up to a smooth silky, rich dumpling. In this recipe, we cook them alongside fresh vegetables, all tossed in olive oil with aromatic herbs, resulting in a crispy exterior gnocchi, with a warm tender inside.
When shopping for gnocchi, you can find it in the pasta aisle of your local grocer. You could also use fresh gnocchi found in the refrigerated aisle. I don’t recommend using frozen gnocchi with this meal, it doesn’t cook as well with the veggies and gets a little soggy.
I used a medley of chopped fresh vegetables.
- Red Bell Pepper
- Brussel Sprouts
- Red Onion
You could certainly use what you have on hand. Cauliflower would be delicious with this, as would broccoli, butternut squash, even mini bell peppers left whole would be great. For fresh herbs, I used chopped rosemary, parsley, and thyme. Again- whatever you have on hand works best, though I would encourage the use of fresh herbs vs. dry for added flavor. Once the herbs are added,
Give the vegetables and herbs a good toss in olive oil, then nestle pieces of sausage into the vegetables. Bake it up for about 25 minutes (the sausage should be 165 degrees internally to be considered fully done), tossing halfway through, and dinner is served!
Before I serve, I like to add some extra parsley on top for color, but I also enjoy a little balsamic glaze on top (regular balsamic vinegar would be delicious too!).
If you are a lover of sheet pan meals, here’s a few other recipes we think you will love:
- Maple Dijon Chicken with Fall Roasted Veggies
- Ranch Chicken Dinner
- Honey Glazed Salmon with Vegetables
Italian Sheet Pan Gnocchi Dinner
- 1 9x13 sheet pan
- 16 oz gnocchi (found in the pasta aisle)
- 1 whole red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 whole red onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1.5 cups brussel sprouts, halved (stem off)
- 1 lb chicken sausage (chopped or whole, chef's choice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped herbs (I used Rosemary, Parsley & Thyme)
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Add chopped veggies and gnocchi to sheet pan with herbs, salt, pepper & toss in olive oil.
- Nestle sausage into veggie/gnocchi mixture.
- Place sheet pan in oven for 10-12 minutes, toss with a spatula, and place back in oven for another 10-12 minutes, or until level of 'roasting' desired is achieved. Serve & enjoy!