We love easy and healthy dinners made on sheet pans. It keeps the kitchen clean and everybody can easily serve themselves- this Ranch Chicken Dinner is a new favorite! Tender chicken breasts coated in ranch seasoning paired with roasted potatoes and broccoli make for the perfectly balanced family dinner.
The secret ingredient to this recipe is homemade ranch seasoning. It is super simple to make and one batch of it goes a long way.
Ingredients needed for ranch seasoning:
- Buttermilk powder
- Powdered onion
- Powdered garlic
- Dried parsley
- Dried dill
- Dry chives
For this recipe, I recommend using chicken breast cutlets- the thinner cut allows the broccoli and potatoes to roast alongside the chicken. Be cautious as chicken cutlets can become overcooked quickly. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs would also work. I would advise not cooking very thick chicken breasts with this recipe to avoid overcooked broccoli- but if you do, just precook the chicken and potatoes on the sheet pan for about 10 minutes, THEN add the broccoli.
Coat the chicken in a mixture of egg wash, then breadcrumbs and ranch seasoning combined, add to a sheet pan sprayed with nonstick. On the same sheet pan, toss the potatoes and broccoli with olive oil (you can combine them or keep them separate), then sprinkle with a little more ranch seasoning and give them a good toss. Bake it for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, and dinner is done! How easy was that?
The beauty of this dinner is not only how easy it is, but how versatile it is! Change it up, add more vegetables (asparagus, green beans, carrots, or zucchini would be delicious) or substitute white potatoes for sweet potatoes. Want less carbs? Skip potatoes and use cauliflower.
Looking for more sheet pan recipes? Here’s a few of our favorites!
- Sausage and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey Glazed Salmon Dinner with Vegetables
Ranch Chicken Dinner
- sheet pan (either 9x13 or 13x18 depending on how many servings preparing)
- 4 skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups baby potatoes (quartered)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup ranch seasoning mix (reserve 2 tbsp for broccoli/potato coating)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with foil, and spray with non stick.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg wash. In another shallow bowl, combine chicken coating ingredients (reserving 2 tbsp of ranch seasoning). Coat chicken cutlets in egg wash, then breadcrumb mixture. Place on sheet pan, and spray tops of chicken with nonstick spray (this helps brown them).
- Add broccoli and potatoes to sheet pan. Toss in 2 tbsp olive oil, and sprinkle with remaining ranch seasoning. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 15 minutes, tossing at the 7-10 minute mark. Chicken is done once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees farenheit.