Salmon topped with lime and garlic then baked for a super healthy fast and fresh dinner. Did I mention easy? You can have this ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
I have become a morning cook. I like to get all my cooking done in the a.m.
When I worked at a ‘real job’, I would try to cram all the cooking and photography in on the weekends. Exhausting and not much fun. This blogging thing is supposed to be fun…right?
My point in sharing this trivial piece of information is that we don’t bother to heat this up, we eat it chilled and it is fabulous! Of course you can eat it right out of the oven if you like to cook your dinner at dinner time. I’ve heard of people that do that 🙂 I served it with tomato slices, avocado and a dab of homemade mayo, it was perfect!
How to make Lime and Garlic Baked Salmon
There isn’t much to this recipe. You squeeze a lime, rough chop a few ingredients, throw them in a food processor and done! You could finely chop and grate the ingredients as well. I opted for the food processor because I have a mini chop gadget that I never use and wanted/needed to dust it off. I have a tendency to get rid of things if I don’t use them….this had a month or so before it was hitting’ the road. It now gets to stay…for awhile.
If you have some extra time, let it marinate for 30 minutes or so to increase the flavor. If not, just go straight in and enjoy!
Paleo and Whole30 compliant…squeaky clean recipe!
Need another reason to cook salmon? Try Panko Crusted Salmon!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Lime and Garlic Salmon
- 1 pound salmon fillet I used Steelhead from Costco - has a great flavor
- 1 lime - zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flat leave parsley or cilantro - coarsely chopped
- 1/2 jalepeno seeded and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry salmon fillet.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Combine lime zest, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, parsley and jalapeño in food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Pour over salmon.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.