Creamy Chicken Bake – is a one pan wonder and takes only moments to throw together! Tender chicken breasts in a delicious cream sauce that requires no standing at the stove!
We love this easy to make one pan dish any night of the week! Perfect for company as well. It cooks up in about 30 minutes and goes perfectly with a side dish of rice and steamed veggies.
Ingredients to make Creamy Baked Chicken –
- boneless chicken breasts
- sun dried tomatoes – packed in oil
- heavy cream
- chicken broth
- parmesan cheese
- garlic, onion powder and paprika
We start by seasoning the chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika.
Chop up the drained sun dried tomatoes and scatter them around the chicken.
Then combine the cream, chicken stock, garlic powder, flour and parmesan cheese.
Pour this all around the chicken. It’s okay if you submerge the chicken in all that dreamy sauce! It will bake up nice and thick.
Now in the oven it goes! How easy was that!
Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Chicken is cooked through when it reaches 165 degrees internally.
When done, sprinkle with chopped spinach and stir into the hot sauce. No need to put it back in the oven. The hot creamy sauce will soften the spinach perfectly.
Serve as is with a fresh steamed veggie on the side like broccoli or asparagus, or with a side of white rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice to keep it low carb!
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Freezing is not recommended as the cream sauce will break down.
More easy recipes to make with boneless chicken breasts –
- Pesto, Tomato and Mozzerella Stuffed Chicken Breasts – easier than you might think and the flavors are amazing!
- Chicken in White Wine Sauce – my go to chicken recipe because I always have white wine on hand!
- Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce – amazing what a little mustard and cream will do!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Creamy Baked Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes - packed in oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese - divided
- 1 cup finley chopped spinach - fresh or frozen thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place the bonelss chicken breasts in the pan.
- Season chicken with onion powder, paprika, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle chopped sun dried tomatoes over the chicken.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, add cream, chicken stock, garlic powder and flour. . Whisk until no flour is visable. Stir in 1/4 cup of the the grated parmesan cheese.
- Pour the cream mixture over and around the chicken and sun dried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes until the sauce is thick and the chicken is 165 degrees internally.
- Remove from the oven and stir chopped spinach into the hot sauce. Let sit for a few minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Serve with rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa and a steamed veggie for a simple and fast dinner!