Who doesn’t love a good old fashioned chicken pot pie? We’ve taken the flavor of a classic Chicken Pot Pie and condensed it down into a mini version, using canned biscuit dough. The result? An easy to make handheld pot pie that works great for leftovers, snacks or appetizers!
Ingredients for Mini Chicken Pot Pie
You’ll need a muffin tin for this recipe, sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Canned Biscuit Dough
- We use canned biscuit dough for the crust to keep this recipe easy.
- That’s chopped celery, carrots and onion. Some stores (Trader Joe’s, specifically) sell it pre chopped if you want to save a step!
- I use salted.
- To thicken & make a creamy sauce.
- Fresh is best!
- Cooked Chicken
- Leftover rotisserie chicken, or chicken breast works great. Shredded
- Chicken Stock
- Kitchen Basics is our favorite brand.
- Frozen peas, self explanatory.
In a saucepan, melt butter, then sauté mirepoix. Once tender, add herbs & stir. Next, add flour, and whisk until combined with the veggies. Add chicken stock, and whisk until fully combined. Remove from heat, add chicken and peas, stir and set aside.
Gently roll out each biscuit using a rolling pin, and place it in the greased muffin tin. Add about 2-3 tbsp of the chicken pot pie filling to the center of each pot pie. You can choose to close these, or leave them open faced- chef’s choice! If you pinch them closed, consider sprinkling some thyme on them for a garnish to jazz them up a bit.
Bake them for roughly 15 minutes, or until golden brown, serve and enjoy!
- You can keep these in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
- To reheat, simply remove from plastic wrap, and microwave for 15-30 seconds at a time until heated through (we like to do this in a paper towel to avoid the dough from becoming tough).
- You can also freeze these easily for later. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, follow the instructions above.
If you love individual servings like this mini pot pies, check out these other recipes:
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
Cheers! – Kathi and Rachel
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- 1 Muffin tin (sprayed with nonstick)
- 1 can biscuit dough (8 count)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 cup precooked chopped chicken (leftover rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, then sauté carrots, onion and celery. Once tender, add thyme, salt and pepper & stir. Next, add flour, and whisk until combined with the veggies and flour is translucent.
- Add chicken stock, and whisk until fully combined. Remove from heat, add chicken and peas, stir and set aside.
- Gently roll out each biscuit using a rolling pin, and place it in the greased muffin tin.
- Add about 2-3 tbsp of the chicken pot pie filling to the center of each pot pie.
- Bake pot pies for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
*If you purchase from our Amazon inks, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping keep our ovens on!
Leave a Reply