Baked Crispy Chicken Thighs! A simple rub of garlic, green onion, lemon and olive oil is all it takes to bake up these crispy yummy chicken thighs!
Be still my fried chicken loving heart! Check out these crispy little beauties! Baked on a rack to ensure that every last bite is all crispy and crunchy! And did I mention Paleo and Whole30 compliant? Yay!
I wanted to find a crispy chicken recipe that didn’t have to marinate over night. The trick is to combine all your marinating ingredients in a blender or food processor. It makes a super amped up marinade that only needs to sit for about 20 minutes while your oven preheats.
After mixing up your magical marinating brew, get your hands in there! I mean rub a dub dub all over and under the chicken skin. Then just let it hang out for about 20 minutes and off to the oven it goes!
Don’t you love pics of raw chicken with green flecks on it? Yumbo! But I wanted you to see how easy this is, and how just a few ingredients can turn regular chicken into wow chicken!
Not a great pic…some bloggers might not even put it on their site…mmmm, well, I’m doing it for your own good, taking one for the team!
Some Tips to Make Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs:
- If you don’t have a wire rack, don’t sweat it, simply lay it right on a foil lined sheet pan.
- Expect a bit of splatter with this. Just until the fat renders, then it all settles down while it gets all crispy and stuff. I love crispy and stuff…
- I borrowed this technique from nomnompaleo.com. She uses it for her Lemongrass Chicken…but alas, no lemongrass in my fridge so I adjusted the recipe to use what I had on hand. You could easily add grated ginger, rosemary or other herbs to change it up a bit.
Looking for more uses for your sheet pan? Check out my favorite 6 Sheet Pan Dinners!
…To healthy meals that don’t taste like healthy meals!
Chicken thighs that really do taste like fried chicken! An easy and flavorful way to get crispy chicken thats healthy!
- 8 in chicken thighs skin on and bone
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon - zest and juiced
- 4 scallion - green onions rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes optional if you like a bit of heat
- Line large baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and set rack on top.
- Add garlic, zest of one lemon and juice of one lemon, along with scallions, olive oil, salt and pepper to food processor or blender.
- Blend for about 20 seconds until well combined and a paste forms.
- Pour into large bowl.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs.
- Add to large bowl with marinade and rub into chicken. Getting under skin.
- Cover and let rest while oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use convection feature if you have it. No sweat if you don't, just increase cooking time by 5 minutes.
- Lay chicken SKIN SIDE DOWN ontop of rack.
Cook for 20 minutes and turn chicken over.
- Cook for an additional 25 minutes or until internal temp of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and serve!