This Chicken Ramen Noodle recipe is easy, fast and delicious! No need to get take out tonite. Chicken thighs with a super fast sauce made with simple ingredients. You can have this ramen noodle dish on the table in about 20 minutes!
Cheap and cheerful dinner in just minutes! A great clean out the fridge meal with quick cooking ramen noodles and a simple sauce that doesn’t require a ton of ingredients. I don’t know about you but I don’t usually have all the fancy asian sauces in my fridge. Keeping it simple and delicious, not to mention healthy.
Ingredients for Chicken Ramen Noodles –
- chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- instant ramen noodles – discard seasoning packet
- red pepper
- soy sauce
- fresh or ground ginger
- chicken stock
- sesame oil
The sauce is so simple using soy, honey, ginger, a bit of chicken stock and some ginger. Mix it all up in a bowl and set aside while you start your chicken.
What other veggies can I use in this chicken stir fry?
- cabbage thinly sliced
- shrimp for the chicken (if cooked toss in last to heat. If raw saute and remove before adding the veggies)
- sliced beef or ground beef
- water chestnuts
- peanuts and cashews
- clean out the fridge! Everything in the pot!
How to cook Instant Ramen Noodles
NOTE: For this recipe you are going to discard the seasoning packets that come in the ramen package.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the ramen. Do not break apart.
- let cook for one minute and gently seperate the noodles.
- boil another two minutes until noodles are just tender being careful not to overcook or they will become sticky.
A few more easy recipes we think you will enjoy! :
- Shrimp, Rice and Broccoli – a one pot wonder!
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops – only 3 ingredients including the pork!
- Mongolian Beef and Peppers – one pan, 30 minute dinner!
- Chicken in Tomato Sauce – easy and most popular chicken recipe on the blog!
Kathi and Rachel
Chicken Ramen Noodles
- 2 3.5 ounce packages of instant ramen noodles – discard seasoning packet
- 1 tablespoon canola or avocado oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs – cubed (or chicken breasts)
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms – sliced
For the stir fry sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger – or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a large sauce pan or stock pot. Reduce to simmer. (we will add the ramen to this pot a couple minutes before serving)
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces. Cook chicken until almost cooked through. (chicken will continue to cook with veggies)
- Add onion, broccoli, red peppers and mushroom to chicken. Continue to cook until veggies are crisp tender and chicken is cooked through.
- In small bowl combine sauce ingredients and whisk. Add to chicken and veggies. Reduce to medium heat and let sauce reduce by about a third.
- While your sauce is reducing, add your ramen to the simmering hot water. Do not break in half. Allow to cook in block form for one minute then gently seperate with a fork. Cook for another 2 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Add noodles to chicken and veggies mixture. Garnish with sliced onion and sesame seeds if desired.