This fresh, summer-y Peach Salsa is great paired with chicken, fish, or pork…and it’s just as good with chips, too. A big bright flavored, easy to prepare dish, this salsa combines peach with avocado, cilantro, red bell pepper, and is tossed in a simple mixture of lime juice and honey. Peaches are so seasonal, make this while you can, it is seriously delicious!
“Salsa” is the Spanish word for ‘sauce’. When most people think of salsa, they think of tomatoes, jalapeños, and the traditional Mexican version of salsa. But..there are many ways to make a good non-tomato based salsa! I love anything that combines sweet and savory which is exactly what this Peach Salsa does. To start, prep your ingredients; dice peaches, bell pepper (red or orange, or both!), and avocado.
After chopping, add the peaches/avocados/bell pepper chunks into a bowl, and add cilantro (if you like cilantro!). You can either chop or hand-rip the cilantro. If you aren’t a fan of cilantro, just leave it out, or garnish the top of the peach salsa with a few leaves so you or your guests can easily pick them out.
Drizzle in about a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of lime juice, and a teaspoon of lime zest. Give it a good stir, add salt and pepper to your liking, and enjoy! I like to serve my peach salsa on top of seared pork chops!
Peach Salsa Questions
- What is the best kind of peach for this recipe?
- For this recipe, I recommend choosing peaches that are still a little firm, yet ripe enough to have some sweetness. This will keep the peaches from getting mushy in the salsa. We do not recommend canned peaches for this recipe.
- What’s the best way to cut the peach for the salsa?
- First, wash your peaches well. Then, slice vertically from top to bottom. Split the peach apart, remove the pit and stem, then dice into bite size pieces as you prefer.
- What else can you add to make this fruit salsa?
- Red Onion
- Poblano Pepper
- Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
- Pomegranate Seeds
- If you REALLY like spicy- add some red pepper flakes.
- What can I serve this with?
Enjoy this delicious, summery Peach Fruit Salsa! – Kathi and Rachel
- 2 cups diced peaches
- 1 whole avocado peeled and diced
- 1 whole red bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine diced peaches, bell pepper, avocado, and cilantro into a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add honey, lime juice and lime zest. Stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper (lightly), then taste test. Needs more? Add more to your liking. Serve and enjoy!