This fresh, summer-y Peach Salsa is great paired with chicken, fish, or pork…but it’s just as good with chips, too!
A big bright flavored, easy to prepare dish, this salsa combines peach with avocado, cilantro, red bell pepper, and is tossed in a simple mixture of lime juice and honey. Peaches are so seasonal, make this while you can, it is seriously delicious!
“Salsa” is the Spanish word for ‘sauce’. When most people think of salsa, they think of tomatoes, jalapeños, and the traditional Mexican version of salsa. But..there are many ways to make a good non-tomato based salsa! I love anything that combines sweet and savory which is exactly what this Peach Salsa does. To start, prep your ingredients; dice peaches, red bell pepper, and avocado.
After chopping, add the peaches/avocados/bell pepper chunks into a bowl, and add cilantro.
You can either chop or hand-rip the cilantro. For this recipe, I used Gourmet Garden brand cilantro (this is not an ad, I just like this product :). They are called ‘slightly dried’ herbs, they keep in the refrigerator and they give as much flavor as freshly plucked herbs. Find them in your ‘herb’ aisle near the produce.
Drizzle in about a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of lime juice, and a teaspoon of lime zest. Give it a good stir, add salt and pepper to your liking, and enjoy!
I like to serve my peach salsa on top of seared pork chops!
Let’s keep things peachy and answer all of your questions about this fruit salsa recipe!
- What is the best kid of peach for this recipe?
- For this recipe, I recommend choosing peaches that are still a little firm, yet ripe enough to have some sweetness. This will keep the peaches from getting mushy in the salsa. We do not recommend canned peaches for this recipe.
- What’s the best way to cut the peach for the salsa?
- First, wash your peaches well. Then, slice vertically from top to bottom. Split the peach apart, remove the pit and stem, then dice into bite size pieces as you prefer.
- What else can you add to make this fruit salsa?
- Red Onion
- Poblano Pepper
- Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
- Pomegranate Seeds
- If you REALLY like spicy- add some red pepper flakes.
- What can I serve this with?
Enjoy this delicious, summery Peach Fruit Salsa! – Kathi and Rachel
An easy recipe that works great to top fish,chicken, or dip chips in!
- 2 cups diced peaches
- 1 whole avocado peeled and diced
- 1 whole red bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine diced peaches, bell pepper, avocado, and cilantro into a bowl. Stir to combine.
Add honey, lime juice and lime zest. Stir to combine.
Add salt and pepper (lightly), then taste test. Needs more? Add more to your liking. Serve and enjoy!