We love pickled anything and these easy quick pickled carrots are so delicious! A crunchy fresh carrot soaked in an easy brine that only takes a few minutes to make. These are the perfect snack, and work great as a hostess gift tied with some twine!
What is Quick Pickling?
Quick Pickling is a version of pickling that doesn’t require using the full canning process. Some hot brine, vegetable of your choice, and combine the 2 in a jar. Allow to sit for a couple hours, and you have yourself a quick pickle!
Quick Pickle Brine
You can make the brine on either the stovetop or in the microwave. No matter the cooking method if you’re using additional flavorings, I recommend putting those in the pickle jar versus simmering them in the brine to preserve freshness.
Stovetop: Combine the brine ingredients in a small stovetop pan and bring to a boil. Bring the brine to a boil.
Microwave: Combine brine ingredients into a microwave safe container. Heat for 2 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Use white or apple cider, whichever taste you prefer.
- Optional Flavorings
- Mustard seeds, garlic, peppercorns, dill, rosemary, etc.
Add sliced and peeled carrot sticks into a jar, and pour the brine over them. You can slice your carrots however you prefer, I even used my mandolin to make a batch of pickled carrot chips! For the carrot chips I used multicolored carrots, but a heads up, they don’t keep their unique color for that long in the brine!
More Vegetables You Can Quick Pickle:
You can use this method to quick pickle loads of vegetables! Here’s a few ideas. Make sure to wash everything well (and peel if necessary).
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onions
- Green Beans
Equipment we use for Quick Pickled Carrots:
- Stovetop Pan
- Microwave Safe Bowl (if using the microwave method)
- Mason Jars
- French Style Mason Jars (I like using these jars if giving pickles for gifts, they’re so cute!)
- Twine (to tie them up all pretty!)
As an Amazon affiliate, we may generate a small commission from your purchase, at no extra cost to you.
Cheers to easy quick snacks that are healthy, too! – Kathi and Rachel
Quick Pickled Carrots
- 1 lb carrots (tops removed, washed, peeled and sliced to fit mason jar)
- 3/4 cup vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Place carrots inside mason jar.
- Combine brine ingredients (vinegar, water, sugar, salt) and heat as desired. Microwave: Add ingredients to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbling. Stir. Stovetop: Add ingredients to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil, simmering for about 2 minutes, stirring throughout.
- Pour brine over carrots covering them entirely. Add lid, and allow to sit for 1 hour before placing refrigerator. Enjoy once cold.
Leave a Reply